Wednesday 29 July 2015

Beach Riding

About to hit the beach
Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous, cos for going a short but brain-busy ride this morning. Cyd came to fetch me really early, which usually means we are going a long ways or to ride with my friends. After getting me brushed I got my saddle and Cyd's helmet, and we set off down the road to my friends' house. Except we didn't stop there, Cyd said we had to keep going. I looked back at my bestie who lives next to the road, but kept on going. We went across the highway and I thought about doing stopping but it's far too dangerous to do stopping there so we were able to get over safely. Once you cross there is a safe trail next to the road so we don't get run over by the cars and fake-camping vehicles. The trail goes next to the campground, so I got to do looking at the tents, and the early rising campers who were already cooking their breakfasts. I curled my lip up cos for it smelling funny and Cyd laughed at me. I was really brave the whole way, and had my bouncy excited walk but very well behaved. I strode all the way down the haul road, and without hesitation went down on the beach where Cyd told me.
We walked half way down the sand to where the line was from the tide last night. I walked a bit on the wetter sand, but we didn't go close to the oceans cos for the waves being far too big for ponies who are trying to learn that the beach is fun. We started walking along the beach when disaster struck. There was some kelps, and I was being brave about stepping over, except there was a bubble in one and I stepped on it and it went pop. OhmygoodnessCydtheEarthisexploding! I tried to do a big spook but we were in deep sand and it was too hard so I stopped spooking and did snorting instead. I took a deep breath and off we went again. There was some more kelps with bubbles, so I stopped and Cyd let me do sniffing. I took a big bite and it popped at my face. I shook my head and then ate it cos for being the bravest pony I know. Now that I've eaten it, I'm not scared anymore. I sampled some of everything else we came across, to add to my bravery. I got a bit stuck sometimes, so Cyd would look at my face and see if I was scared and just needed to do some breathing, or if I was pretending to see if I could just stand still. If I had my worried face on, we stood quietly for a minute. If I was being sneaky, I got big boomps and grr-y voices to make me go. Mostly though I was just being good and walking and looking and sniffing. I kept licking my lips cos for the air tasting funny (the breeze was blowing the salts around). We went all along the beach, then up to the road and started heading back for home. Cyd asked me to go back on the beach so I did like a good pony and marched right down towards the sea (but not too close). We kept heading towards home but walked past our turn for the road. Cyd pointed me at some rocks to take a picture; there were some funny looking sea-dogs sunbathing and swimming. I couldn't go too close so we did camerazooming so you can see them kinda too.
White blobs are seals, there's loads that are really hard to see (more than 20!)
After standing politely it was time to head back to the road and go home. We thought about going to South trail since this was a short pony ride, but I had been so good that Cyd wanted me to rest my brain and finish on a good note. I did great going back through the campground, waited politely at the highway to cross over without cars, and nearly managed to walk past my friends' house without stopping. Cyd hopped off to lead me up the road and we made it home safely. I had so much fun on my beach ride, I'm getting really good at it. We are going to find me a friend to come with me soon so we have company to ride all the way down the beach to the river. All my friends are really busy right now doing their jobs taking tourist riders on the beach, but soon they'll have time to play with me :)
P.S. - Congratulations to my bestie. He used to belong to the pony ranch, even though only Aunty V and Aunt-T rode him lately. Yesterday Aunt-T became his official own personal person! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment