Tuesday 28 July 2015

Splat!

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous, but Cyd has some bruisys. I went pony riding on Sunday with Aunt-T and my bestie. We were just going to do a short pony ride of mostly calmly walking like grown ups, so Cyd opted to have no saddle. We do this quite a bit now, so it's no biggie.

I was feeling a bit stubborn and had a few stopping moments but none really bad. We went down the emergency trail, up the bumpy trail, and down the steep hill to go home. I did a bit of stopping where we were about to go around the corner heading for home. Aunt-T kept going until I figured it out, and saw a jack rabbit. I was a bit bouncy to catch back up to my bestie, and did a little hop when I caught up. I got laughed at by Cyd and Aunt-T. They mentioned that it's lucky Cyd is not super bad at bareback pony riding (she had told Aunt-T not to laugh at her wiggling all around and being a bad pony rider). Aunt-T said actually she is quite balanced and centered. We walked a few more strides (not even minutes...) and there was a rustling in the bushes. My bestie jumped some, and I jumped some. Cyd didn't grab my mane in time, and I turned around fast to run away. Except that Cyd didn't come with me. Gosh Cyd, how can I protect you if you don't cling on tight? She went splat on the floor. I totally stopped right by my bestie and Aunt-T reached over and grabbed my rein so I couldn't run away if I got more scared. Cyd took a minute to figure out breathing cos for having the wind knocked right out, and did wiggling of all the parts to make sure they all still work. I got my worried face on cos for not understanding what happened, she never did falling off me before. After some dusting off we found a bank and she hopped back on and we uneventfully rode home. There's a purpling big toe, and an ouchy shoulder, but nothing actually hurted. Phew! Now we got that out of the way, it was going to happen eventually.
Laughing is the best thing to do after splatting

No comments:

Post a Comment