Monday 27 July 2015

My Enduring Adventure Pt2

Hello everybodies, how are you? Are you ready for more Bugsy stories? My adventure isn't over yet!

After my dinner and my leg stretch and the peoples dinner, Aunt-E and Cyd decided that me and Nickypony should hop in the pony trailer and drive back to Aunt-E's house where we would be staying a bit longer. Usually we would do camping one more night for best recoveries but it's not very far away and we were well hydrated and bellies full. Nicky pony went in first, then me. I totally hopped in after about 8 seconds of thinking time, cos for being a grown up now. Once we got to Aunt-E's house, we had to wait in the pony trailer while the peoples rearranged the fences. Aunt-E's Elliepony and JellyBean the mini were in one big paddock, but we needed to all be in separate paddocks so as to not get hurt. It didn't take long for them to make three pens for us all next to each other, and a high-(low?) line for JB outside Ellie's pen. Aunt-E had to go running across to call down the hill to the neighbour people cos for them lighting off fireworks! We are good ponies, but that's a bit much. He stopped, and we all went in our pens; I was in the middle of the girls cos for being the coolest guy ever. Elliepony is a bit bonkers and danced all night long but I didn't let her bother me, I stayed calm and just ate my snacks. We were all ready for bed!
Overnight accommodations
Cyd did camping in a trailer, and her morning view was us ponies all behaving ourselves. She got up to come give us breakfast, but there was some troubles. I Was Bleeding My Bloods! Now, I know this happens all the time and it's not too big of a deal usually, but these bloods were coming from right near my joint, and there was a tiny spot that looked like it might be a puncture. Cyd got it cleaned and thought it was ok but asked Aunt-E for second opinion. She thought it was ok too, but neither were positive. I only just hurt it right before Cyd came out (by poking my leg where it doesn't belong of course) and it wasn't swelling up massive and I was walking ok but it was a bit ouchy.
Owiee :(
Cyd put some spray on me, and the peoples decided to eat breakfast and see how I was. Aunt-E had to take Nickypony to E-2's house, and wanted E-2 to evaluate Elliepony to make sure her leg didn't still hurt (she got an ouchy on her last enduring ride). She called E-2 and asked if I could maybe go too and be checked out for a third opinion. E-2 has lots of ponies that have babies, and a gorgeous stud called Meg, who is the sire of Aunt-E's baby ponies. E-2 said of course I could come too, so we all hopped back in the pony trailer, first Nicky pony, then me, then Ellie pony. Know where Jelly Bean went? Loose with Miss Ellie, which means she could come and see me under the divider too. I was very careful to not step on her. This was just a short drive, and we had to park in a pull out on the side of the road. First Ellie and Jelly got out and walked carefully down the road for Ellie's leg check. They waited in a paddock while Cyd and Aunt-E came back for me and Nicky. I was very polite walking down the road, and didn't lose my cookies when we went through the gate and all these new ponies were calling to me. I got right down to snacking on some grasses, just looking around a little bit, waiting my turn to be looked at. Luckily the verdict was that Cyd and Aunt-E were right, I was ok just a bit ouchy. E-2 said I should get a little bandage to stop me accidentally kicking it when I make the flies go away, and that some skins would fall off soon, but no sneaky puncture wound.
My bandage, that wouldn't stay on
We left Nicky pony there, and Ellie and Jelly and me all walked carefully back down the road to get back in the pony trailer. I was getting pretty confused with my trailering always getting out in new places, but still loaded right away (grown up, remember?).

This time we got out at a people school that was right by Arcata National Forest. I got brushed, and got my front go-faster booties on. Wait? What's happening? We are seriously going pony riding again? Aunt-E got my saddle, but she put it on Elliepony cos for wanting to test it out and see if they like it. That meant I borrowed Ellie's saddle, which is Free'n'Easy kind. Cyd has not liked these saddles for a long time, but rides in them when she has to. This one was not one of the worst kind she has ridden in and we were just doing short ridings cos I was maybe tired from enduring, so it was ok. Except the pink pad we borrowed. I was not impressed!
Um, I'm a boy remember? Also I'm orange, now it clashes! Hmph
We set off to the forest, Aunt-E on Ellie and leading Jelly Bean, me and Cyd in the back. We weren't really sure where to go and set off on one trail, but quickly had to pick a route. Aunt-E looked at a map and decided we should go back and pick a trail we just passed. Even though this meant turning towards the trailer, then going up a big hill, I didn't do stopping. We could hear noises above us and it turns out we ended up riding through a frisbee golf course. The people playing were very nice and held their dogs and didn't throw their frisbees until we were gone. There was one on the trail and I tried to snack on it and got laughed at a bit. We also saw lots of bikes, which is new for me. Mostly the people stopped for us or slowed down to come by, but some we had to ask politely. Aunt-E explained that it was cos for us having a baby horse and they all thought she meant Jelly Bean cos for her being mini, when she meant me, even though I'm big.
Daisy decoration
We just did a little ride, with some short trottings practice. I was really good, went in the front a bit, and happy to be moving, not grumpy. I wasn't doing my fastest walking but kept asking to do trottings or canter. Back at the pony trailer I once again jumped in, still not knowing where we would be going. This time we went back to Aunt-E's house and back in my pen, which was much bigger now. Ellie and Jelly Bean had the paddock, and I had the three pens turned into one big pen for me. Ellie kept making angry faces at me and charging at my fence, but it turns out she's a wussy and when there was no fence she stayed away from me! Jelly Bean loves me, and was in season so kept wiggling her butt at me and lifting her tail in my face for no privacy. This was confusing to me so I just ate my hayfoods. We didn't go on any more adventures that day, and I did not get any more ouchies.
Taking a little nap
The next morning I had to get in the pony trailer Again! This time all by myself. It was time for me to go all the way home to my own field. I had so much fun on my adventure. Cyd says I learned so many things while we were adventuring it was like my brain got six months older. I took everything in stride, and while my body wasn't too tired, my head was. I was ready to nap in my field and process all the things I saw and did!
Home time! Thanks for the adventures!






No comments:

Post a Comment