Friday 10 July 2015

I'm Entered!

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am not quite as fabulous as usual cos for being a bit damp. It did raining a lot yesterday, and I wasn't very delighted. Cyd says I can't complain about being wet cos for me having a shelter to hide in. Do I look like I've been hiding in my shelter?

Ew I got wet on me
It wasn't raining this morning, so Cyd said we had to go pony riding. I got my go faster booties, and my saddle and Cyd's helmet and off we went. I was pretty happy to go out, with cheery forward ears, but oh so pokie slow again. Then we saw some deer - I couldn't possibly go up the trail with deer blocking my way. Finally they were done with staring at me and ran up the trail, so I decided to chase them. Wheeee! Only all the way around the corner, then back to dragging my feeties. Cyd made me go all the ways I didn't want to go, mostly all in an uphill direction. I did some slow trottings sometimes, but not super enthusiastically. We went down down the hill, and Cyd had to duck more than usual cos for the wet branches hanging lower. Then we got to one spot where she inched me as close as I could get without bashing my face, dropped my reins, and grabbed a giant branch. When I got a little nudge I shuffled forward, and Cyd put the branch down on my butt. Except she hadn't counted for the even lower branch on the other side. No way we were going to fit under there. Cyd tried to reach behind her and pick up the one on my butt so we could back out but we were stuck. I got a bit nervous so Cyd stop trying, and told me we would be totally okay as long as I didn't move. I stayed really still and she wiggled off really carefully and picked up the tree so I could fit under. Phew, we were safe now, no longer stuck in a tree. I don't think I want to be a monkey when I grow up. 
Suddenly I decided that I wanted to go fast. Cyd had been planning on us doing trottings and cantering on this bit of trail, but before I could go fast I had to remember to walk politely on a loose rein. Then before I could do canter I had to trot politely on a loose rein, which means we didn't do much canter. I wasn't being badly behaved, just not very perfect all the time. I did remind Cyd to put my martingale on me next week. Wanna know why I need my martingale next week? Cos for me going adventuring. Aunt-E is coming to pick up me and Cyd and all my important things, like my saddle and my hay foods and my go faster booties. Then we are going to someplace called Cuneo Creek a few hours away. Then I get to do camping, and have to sleep really good on Friday night. We are going to get up early on Saturday morning to do something called Limited Distance ride. This is a mini endurance ride, to help us young or new ponies, or new riders, learn how to do enduring without going 50 whole miles. I still have to go a long way, 30 miles. Aunt-E is going to ride with us so I have a buddy to help teach me to be good at enduring. There are lots of things for me to do, luckily I've practiced them all before. I have to go through creeks (I'm expert now), over bridges (no problems), up and down hills (Cyd can help me), and get vet-checked (we practiced with Dr B at Cooley, and at home). So I'm totally ready. But it might be exciting, so I need my martingale!

No comments:

Post a Comment