Thursday 6 August 2015

Cows and Hornets!

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am mostly fabulous except for getting misplaced in the woods and having big welts on my poor body. I have two pony rides to tell you about.

Number one with cattles!
I got to go pony riding with Aunty V and her touring people. We went to Orca where the cattles lives to do Panorama loop. I went in the back like a good following pony, I went in the front like a fearless leader pony, and I got left behind without panicking like a grown up. Aunty V was super impressed at how good I'm getting! We mostly did some walking, except up the big hill for trottings practice.
Thanks for taking us Aunty V, and taking our picture, and Cyd accidentally took one in funny colours and still can't figure out how. After our pony ride I got on the trailer by accident. Cyd led me to the door to get my leadrope (if you leave it on the outside the cows eat it, so you have to put in safely inside the trailer. Leopony was going to go first but I stepped right on in, so Cyd shut the barrier to keep me there. No need to confuse me when I did so good getting in without help! We had a lot of fun this day!

Number two with hornets!
Ohmygoodness you guys, this ride was awful! Me and Cyd and Aunt-T and Hueypony (my bestie) all went pony riding, except there was a tree in our way. We tried to find a way through, with Aunt-T leading her pony and Cyd riding me. I started losing my mind for no reason and was super panicky, so Cyd waited for me to pause long enough for her to jump down safely and find what was attacking me. Aunt-T came to hold me while Cyd checked me but couldn't find anything even though I was so sad. Then  I started losing my mind again, even worse this time, so bad that Cyd had to let me go. She felt something owie, looked down and saw hornets all over her legs. She yelled to Aunt-T but her and Huey were about to get stung too, and Huey broke free and galloped after me. Lucky Cyd does lots of running, and set off after us. She took the homewards trail, running and phoning people to get to the road so we didn't get hit by cars. She got to the spot where there is a pony that I like to say hi to, and there was Huey. She grabbed him and started running with him until she found a safe tree to tie him to. She kept an eye on him while she ran away to make sure he wouldn't get scared again, then kept going to find me. Except she got all the way nearly home and found Uncle J but not me. So they turned around and set off again. Finally they found me on the homeward trail, I must have turned right instead of left and Cyd ran ahead before I turned myself around. I was so happy to see her that I did whickering and marched right up and hid my face next to her for cuddles.
Scratched and bumped
I definitely had my worried face on, and had some scratches on my face but no real owies. We slowly made our way back to my house where I got my saddle off and Cyd gave me cuddles and scratches while Aunty V pulled a ton of stingers out of me. I got left with my hayfoods to calm down, and Cyd to get a proper drink. She came to check on me before going home to make sure I didn't get tummyache once the adrenalines wore off. I was ok, and still ok this morning, except for having big welts all over me.
Welts are no biggie except super itchy. It's better to be itchy than still lost in the woods. Thanks to all the people who came to help look for me (ten people total, with more ready and waiting if needed). That was a bit too much adventuring even for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment