Monday 1 June 2015

Wheeeee!

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous. Today Cyd and I went pony riding by ourselves on my trails. I did so good walking up the road, and waited super patiently at the mounting tree cos for Cyd being on the phone with Aunt-E making plans for my adventure weekend that's coming up. Today I wore all four of my go-faster booties, and I loved it. 
Four orange feeties ready to zoooom
We were supposed to go straight up the hill but I wanted to go left. Cyd said I was a silly pony cos for that making our pony ride longer, but off I zoomed to the left. Cyd thought maybe we would have one of our discussions when we got to the turn where we usually head home but I happily turned the other way to keep pony riding. We did have a sticky moment further up but Cyd thinks there was something she couldn't see but I could sense round the corner, cos for me not having my bad behavings face, but my super alert face. We eventually got me to go up the trail. Once we got to going down the rocky road, Cyd got off like she does sometimes. I was ready to amble down after her, but she had other plans for us today. She made my go faster noises. I did trotting like she asked, but it took a while before I did it politely. I did some whirling about, then I did chasing Cyd, then I tried to catch her braid cos for it flying behind her. Eventually I figured out it was easier to just trot along behind or next to her. I still got a bit in her space sometimes but when she put her hand up, and maybe went "Grr" at me, I got back in my own space. At the bottom it was time for her to get back on. I hit another sticky spot and it took me a while to get over it, and this time it was definitely me being a brat face. We did some discussing about appropriate behavings for a pony, and off I went. That was my last troubles for my whole pony ride. After that, I was on super long loopy reins as long as they go the whole way except occasionally when Cyd thought we should go a bit slower she gave my reins a little tweak and I slowed right down perfectly. We did loads of trottings and canterings, and I was so good! The puddle I sometimes like to drink from was all dried up and I was a bit thirsty cos for it being warm today and me going a bit fast. I had some snacks instead, then off we went. Soon after I kept doing looking to my left, and being a bit banana-y. Cyd looked to see if maybe we had a bootie malfunction but they were all fine. The lead rope that Cyd keeps on her saddle bag (so I don't chew my reins anymore at lunchtimes) had started unraveling. Now there was nearly 5' of rope trailing from my saddle bag and it was bopping my front leg and my back leg, and even got between my front legs. Cyd was so proud of me for not losing my cookies over this, not many ponies would be so tolerant. She let me have some snacks while she secured it doubly tight this time and gave me tons of scratchies and told me awesome I was. Once we were secured appropriately, we set off again, quite speedy, slowing down for the down bits, speeding up on the fun bits, ducking around trees, jumping ditches, and generally being awesome. Notice there aren't tons of pictures of me? Cos for us having too much fun!
Mash foods everywhere!
Once we got back to my house, I got my sloppy mash foods and promptly got it all over my face like I do, and had a quick sponge bath. Cyd said it was a bit chilly for being washed but I was so dirty. We just got my saddle area clean then I had a good roll in the dirt so that I wasn't too clean. Can't have a Bugsy being too shiny!
I'm a bit dirty now...

No comments:

Post a Comment