Wednesday 13 May 2015

So Very Patient

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous, and was extra special good today. This day was when the trekking people go on the beach in the morning, then get on the pony trailers for not even ten minutes, then go in the woods in the afternoon. I don't go on the beach, but sometimes Cyd puts me in the pony trailer and we go to collect my friends at their meeting point so I can ride with them in the afternoon. Guess what? I got on the pony trailer with no help from anyone, just walked up, looked in, Cyd told me to hop in after her, so I did! Yay Me! Cyd miscalculated, and I had to wait in the pony trailer for nearly an hour :(
Waiting in the pony trailer
Also, if there are tons of parking spots, and you see a pony trailer, would you park like this? D'oh!
Finally my friends arrived, and loaded up in the pony trailers, and we drove to Simcha, just across the river. We unloaded and Cyd was helping the guest peoples get on their ponies until she realised my new superbud Xingu was being taken away from me for his person to get on and my brain was about to melt. I was better when she held my rope and let me eat snacks to stay calm, then it was time to ride. We divided into long, short, and middle groups. I went with Aunty V's middle group. We took lots of pictures at somewhere called Windy Knoll. Look at us doing posing:
Hey look, no hands!
Ocean-view cuddles
Aunty V and Leo-pony
We got done taking pictures, and set off up the hill to the lunch spot.
Lunch butts, waiting for more friends
Troubles is, I wasn't ready for a break, so to make sure I waited patiently I chewed on my reins, which were Cyd's most favouritist made by Aunt-E which I already broke a bit on Sunday, and now broke some more.
In the afternoon we did a trail called North Boundary, which is super fun and quite a bit steep. I got up it so good, just put my head down and power walked up, not being silly like some ponies can get and bounding up. Then there is a long canter back to Simcha, where I got a bit tired after my steep climb but I tried really hard.
Once we got back down the big hill, it was time to load up on the pony trailer. I went on right away again, cos for me getting so good! I got confused when we got back to my friends' house, cos for me not being in the pony trailer, but seeing Cyd in there.
Watcha doing in there with Indy pony? I'm out here
I had to share Cyd with Rascal pony for bath time, but that's okay. I just made sure that I was in front when we did walking together.
Mash for me first, yeah?
And good news that Cyd gets the weekend off to go to somewhere called Cooley Ranch, where ponies are going to be doing two days of enduring. I might get to go too, and be a volunteer pony, and get an idea of what something called ridecamp is all about. Pretty exciting to be growing up!


No comments:

Post a Comment