Thursday 7 May 2015

Hang on tight!

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous, but Cyd says I was not my bestest yesterday on our pony ride. Know why? It was super windy, like a smart Cyd would have left me safe in field, not taken me to the woods where the trees might fall... To make things harder on herself she decided she was too lazy to walk up the road, so hopped on me right away. Well we made it about quarter of a mile before my brains started leaking out my ears. THERE WERE FLAGS! BLOWING AT ME! RUN AWAAAY! Apparently it's okay for me to look at stuff that makes me nervous cos then I can see it's not scary, but I 'must control my reactions so that I am appropriately behaving'. Pffft I don't think so. But don't you think flags are scary, especially super windy flags?
Well, these weren't the flags I was scared of. Cyd might not have been frustrated with me if that was on my road. But apparently these little guys were not going to eat me, and I was being a foolish pony.
She got off, and we spent forever (like ten minutes) getting me past it, but then I was ready to go. We borrowed someone's slopey driveway as a mounting block and up she went. For a whole not even quarter of the same mile. There's a baby pony who lives near my trail, and he spotted me and went dancing and singing around his paddock, and I wanted to stay and watch. So Cyd got off again and led me to the trail, and through the Swamp of Sadness, which I didn't even hesitate at today, cos for already using up my stopping behavior quota. Cyd gets back on, and now I'm really ready to ride. I was feeling a bit lazy, so instead of going up the hill to do my loopy, we went exploring on the dead end trail. The map says it doesn't go anywhere, but we decided to check for ourselves just in cases. It was totally super overgrown, but Cyd lay on my neck, and I squintied my eyes tight, and we barged on through. Sometimes we got a bit tangled, but we figured it out and got ourselves free. It looks like it goes further than we went, but after a bit Cyd said we should turn around, cos it was getting too thick for even the bravest adventure pony. It was harder going back the way we came cos for now it being uphill and us not quite fitting like we did on the way down. 
 
Once we got to the end of the adventure trail, Cyd asked me which way I wanted to go. I picked right up the hill to go on my loopy instead of left to home. I was feeling pretty proud of myself, and had a bounce in my step. We started going down the bumpy trail and I kept asking to do trotting. I always ask, and Cyd always says no, so I should probably know by know, but I'll keep asking. We got to the little clearing, and I suddenly did stopping. There were some deers watching me. We had a staring contest, and then I must have won cos they ran away, or maybe they won cos I ran away too. We were facing down the trail, with Cyd's butt in my saddle, and a leg on each side, as is the appropriate way to do pony riding. Then I zoomed in a teeny circle with no warning and charged back up the trail. "Stop stop Bugsy, waah please stop". I take a peek at Cyd, and am surprised to see her looking up at me, not down. She was hanging off my side with her hands all wrapped up in my mane and only one rein left, and her one leg was dangling and the other was over my back. She was all topsy turvy like I didn't see before. I stood still, and she did wiggling and wiggling and scooting and finally made it back into my saddle. Phew! With how messed up my brain was I might not have waited around for her if she hadn't stayed attached to me, then I would be lost in the woods and be a bear snack. Also, Uncle J would be super mad at me, cos for my job in his eyes being to not hurt Cyd! 
 
We carried on down the trail, and I was on high alert in case those deers came back to finish me off. Cyd did singing at me, cos for me liking when I can hear voices and getting calm, but I am not a great conversationalist. Not sure if I calmed down cos for her singing, or calmed down to make her stop singing! She also leaned over to my face and adjusted my reins from halter level to strong pony level cos for me being ready to go as fast as I can. I finally calmed down and did walking (still at speed though) and we got to where I usually get to do trottings and sometimes canter practice, but Cyd said I was too spooky lukey, and we weren't chancing her nearly falling down again from my antics. I finished my ride with no problems, although some of the trees were making both of us nervous in the wind. We tried to do selfies but it wasn't so good.
Now I have to rest up for my big adventure this weekend. I have to be on my best behaviors for Cyd, and prove just how grown up I can be. I hope I do good!

No comments:

Post a Comment