Wednesday 27 May 2015

Saddle Optional

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous. For once today, our pony ride was harder for Cyd than for me. She was feeling quite lazy today. While I was getting brushed she asked me if was feeling like being a bratface today. I did nuzzling to show that I wasn't but would appreciate a cookie please. Instead of a cookie, I got my bridle on. Well, that's backwards, we do saddle, then breastcollar, then bridle last. Sometimes we do things differently to make sure I don't get stuck being used to one routine, like getting on my back from the wrong side, or cleaning my back hoofies before my front hoofies. Now we do my bridle before my saddle I guess. Oh, wait, why are we leaving? Maybe we're just going for a hike today like when I was a baby pony? But Cyd has her helmet on, oh I'm so confused. Off to the trail we go! Umm, why are we stopped at the mounting tree?
Umm, didn't you forget something?
You know what Cyd did? Wiggled and scrambled, and got on my back! It took me a minute to remember how to help her do balancing. Cyd's not a bad pony rider, but she sucks at mounting, and is really bad at doing pony riding without a saddle. With a saddle ponies find it really hard to make her fall down, but without one it's super easy. Don't worry though, I was good for her. A bit wiggly, but much less than usual. I tried to do some trottings practice a couple of times on our pony ride, but realised it wasn't really very comfortable for either of us.
We don't need a saddle, we're grown ups!
I did a couple of teeny tiny canterings, which we were kinda okay at. But then I did jumping over a puddle that has been there for weeks and I finally learned to walk through but today leaped for the sky. Lucky I have a wonderfully grabby mane and Cyd stayed topside. Her legs got super sore really fast, and we only did my four mile loopy. Apparently we're going to do this more often cos for it being good for both of us. Cyd was super proud of how grown up I mostly was. (We did have a super scary squirrel incident but let's not talk about that, k?)

No comments:

Post a Comment