Friday 1 May 2015

Bear? What bear?

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous. I'm having a couple days off right now so Cyd can go drink beer in a field at something called BeerFest with Uncle J. Uncle J works at the place in town where they make the beer, so it would be rude to not go show it off, and try all the kinds. We're hopefully doing pony riding on Sunday, I have to not be too wobbly, to wiggle her right off the side. 
Having a chat with my bestie about being grown ups
On Wednesday I did pony riding with my bestie and Aunt-T. We had a lot of fun, doing walking and trottings and cantering. We went for ten miles and a bit extra. Sometimes I did some silly things, but mostly was pretty good. Remember how I hate to do puddle swimming? Look at me here:

 On the first half of our pony ride, Cyd and Aunt-T were talking about bears. Apparently bears are scary cos for having big teeth and claws, but not very scary cos for them being scared of us too, so no biggie. They get spotted sometimes, and sometimes we can smell that they were there just before us, but they hide when they hear us coming. This is the kind we have near my house:
Doesn't look too scary
Cyd was saying how I didn't meet any bears yet, and she wondered how I would react, cos for being kind of a city boy and not seeing anything more exotic than a cow for my whole lifetime. Aunt-T said we would probably be in a group, or all on our lonesome. Cyd said probably the two of us riding like we are now. Well, big surprise, on our way with being nearly done with our pony ride, walking down the hill, Aunt-T goes "Look Cyd, a bear". Cyd didn't see it, but it had popped up on it's back feet like I do sometimes to check us out, then crouched down in hiding again. We did stopping, and it went scooting across to the other side of the trail so it could go back into the forest and hide from us. It wasn't very close, and just wanted to get out of our way for safeties. So there's my first bear encounter. The only troubles is... I didn't actually see it. We had just tried to do side by side cantering, and overtaking each other, and I got a bit carried away. At bear spotting time I was still feeling a bit exuberant, and was so busy looking up at the clouds I didn't actually see the bear. D'oh, silly me! At least we had a super fun pony ride.
Don't ask me to pose amongst such tall snacks!
My booties needed a good polish afterwards

No comments:

Post a Comment