Sunday 2 February 2014

What did Bugsy do in January?

Kinda gross today for muds, so brushing time
Hey Bugsy-fans!! How are you all? Not watching stinky football I hope, though it's done now and I guess the team we were cheering for (according to Uncle J) won so we're happy? Moving on... Much much thanks to my Aunty Z for driving all the way to my house to get a tick off my chest, cos they are gross and Cyd does gagging when she touches them so she finds other people to extract and kill them when she can. I was really filthy dirty (very unlike me) and I had to be brushed for being so gross and that's how it got spotted. So Thanks Aunty Z for saving us!!!
Ew ew ewww get it off!!!!
We both hates ticks!

So what did Bugsy do in January? I got really super amazingly good at jumping the ditch of doom. Here is my video of being a movie star that we never showed you before: Click Here :)

For January we just wanted to get started pony riding and I did so much better than Cyd thought I might. We did trail riding up and down, we went with a friend, we went by ourselves, we went under low stuff where Cyd had to lean on my neck, we did trottings, we stepped over stuffs, we went on trailering adventures, we kinda did canter and kinda did jump (neither intentionally, don't worry - nobody is more concerned for the toughyness and lastingness of my legs than Cyd). Our longest adventure was 10.5 miles, which we did with no buddies. I handled pretty much everything awesomely. My total miles was 41.4 and I climbed 9,157 feet. That's a lot of up! So what do we do for February?

1.   Go pony riding two times a week
2.   Practice my circles one time a week
3.   Learn how to do the little turnabout ready to do gates and stuff
4.   Get fit enough to do trottings all the way up the bottom trail of the big hill
(5.   Go 50 miles for the month - bracketed cos no worries if I don't go that far cos I'm still doing learnings)

That's plenty to keep me busy! I'm gonna be such a good pony riding pony.  Here is my January recap:


1 comment:

  1. Awesome, he is really coming along! I want to ride with you guys and get to know this character in person :) I am deeply amused that you make someone drive over to remove his ticks :D I'm fully horrified and grossed out by ticks but at some point in the last year caved and started yanking them. The dog and horse numbers finally overwhelmed me and with no winter there's been lots of ticks here!

    ReplyDelete