Tuesday 4 February 2014

Reins and Stirrups Not Required

Hello Everybodies! I just wanted to share with you my awesomeness today. I went pony riding with my friends today and we did ten miles! I did some of my bouncing and occasionally other not so good things, but mostly was really good. Aunty V finally got to come with me even though she wasn't really feeling too good; she rode Mr Leo. My Aunty Z came too (and said some very strange things...) and she rode Ms Jazzy. Jazz is a pretty girl but she doesn't like ponies snuggling up to her, or within about 6000' of her really. She is a good riding pony though, and her and Aunty Z are like besties so I was safe.




We did a little bit of some trotting today, and some crossing of puddles, and Cyd even rode me a little bit on the road going home. I was the leader, and the middler, and the tail-ender, and sometimes I rode next to Leo (but not Jazz cos for not wanting to get my face bit off). Aunty V noticed that Aunty Z was not using her reins, and told her that she should have them at least a little bit, and we had to tell her when it was time for trottings cos she didn't have stirrups. Silly Aunty Z. Then Cyd said that actually reins ARE optional, so she let go of mine. I nearly fell on my face. Everyone laughed super hard at me. Turns out I wasn't really concentrating. We all did a little bit of slipping and sliding cos for it being wet from the rain the other day.




Even when I got home, I wasn't super tired, and Cyd brushed me super good then I went trotting around my field. This is me when Cyd was leaving after putting me away:
Wide awake for more playing!
Stats!

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of you guys getting out and riding so much. We are iced in--we can't get to the trails because the river we need to cross is frozen. Besides, it is cold and there is a foot of snow on the ground. So glad you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) We are lucky to have mild climate for most of the year, summer isn't too hot, and winter is not like winter in a lot of places. We said yesterday was cold but that meant we were in sweatshirts and needed a jacket, not bundled up like michelin man lol

      Delete