Monday 3 February 2014

NommyNommy In My Tummy

Hey there everybodies! A while ago I mentioned my new foodstuffs, and I talk about my hay ration net. It's time to learn what Bugsy-ponies like to eat! Basically everything. No really. Cyd called my Aunty V all worried one day cos she put the cap to my anti-worm medicine down on the fence post, gave me my medicine (yummy!) then looked away. Came back and it was gone. In my belly. Whoops. Lucky it's pretty small and everything was okay. I have also got in troubles with Uncle J, cos for eating the deck off his boat. To be fair to me, it is in my field, and he knows I like to chew stuff. Now Cyd has to make a new mini fence to stop me getting at it. I don't chew on my wooden fence unless me or Cyd spilled my mash there, then I end up nibbling some fence rail trying to not waste my snacks. Then we have confusion when Cyd is cleaning my poop away to put in the pile, and finds this:
Yep, I put this in my belly
Cyd thinks someone dropped it and it blew in my field (she spends a lot of time making sure rubbish near my field is picked up, but can't be there all the time). Maybe there was some chocolate left in the wrapper? I put it in my belly and nobody knew until it came out again - lucky it didn't get me sick!!! I tried to hide the evidence of my party last night, but missed some and Cyd says I have bad taste:
Obviously this did not go in my belly
This was right outside my fence, and sometimes soda cans are inside my fence. I don't eat these but Cyd gets kinda nervous in case I try to and checks for them regularly.

So, to real food stuffs. I have a magic net called 'Freedom Feeder' that is not very free at all. Firstly, Cyd had to pay monies for the net; secondly, it does not freely feed me. It makes it a bit hard for me to eat actually. The holes are super small, and the net is huge! It can hold 25-30lbs depending on Cyd's stuffing skills. It could fit all of her inside it!
My 'Freedom Feeder'
So much food, but how to eat it?
While it gets filled, I help myself to the barn all-you-can-eat (until Cyd spots you) buffet:
First, it was just put in my stall. Troubles is, I took it on adventures to places so I had snacks wherever I go.
Evidence of adventures - hay foods everywhere!
So Cyd clipped it in with a shiny purple caribiner. Troubles is, that doesn't stop me adventuring:
Ha, like that stopped me. Lasted one night
No worries, we got a bigger clip and now it stays put in my house, but I can still toss it all around inside my house and play with it, cos that's what Bugsy-ponies like to do. Cyd tops it up every evening (it never gets empty totally). This way I have food 24 hours a day, and no more meal times. So if we want to pony ride early, we can without breakfast cos I ate through the night (when I do my most snacking). Cyd measured it for a while, and I typically eat around 18lbs a day, more if it's cold. Hay foods is no biggie to me now, and even if I get my net open so I can eat freely instead of the little holes, I eat the same amount. Since I know there will always be food there I have no need to pig out.

So little foods
The best bit of Bugsy foods? My noms. My hay foods is my mostly diet, but I get a little bucket of snacks in the evening time. This was a big bucket when I got a bit skinny, then a normal size bucket, then big buckets again cos Cyd was sad for my friend Fuega getting super hurted. Then she realised that my big comfort food buckets were making me too fat so she trimmed me back down to appropriate fatness. My buckets used to be beet pulp (nyah, s'ok) and rice bran (not my fave but food so I'll eat it) and sometimes a type of chopped up hay type stuff that I liked. Now my bucket is something called Stable Mix. It can be used as a complete replacement for hay (like for old ponies with no teeth) and has all kinds of minerals and stuff for ponies. It's cheaper than my old food stuffs and my last bag took me over a month to eat.
It can be dry or mushed (I eat it mushed - sometimes like soup - I'll eat it however it gets given to me). I only get a very small bit (not even a half of a scoop) and it soaks up really puffy so I think like I have a lot of food.

Next comes my special minerals called California Trace. 2oz of those go on top of my mush, and some salt mixed in, and it's a real Bugsy Belly Delight!
Best Snacks Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment