Saturday 9 November 2013

Bi-Polar Dragon Pony

Hellos to everybody. How are you? I am only ok today, because I kinda got in troubles. Cyd came to fetch me from my field and before I even saw her I was running around and bucking and jumping for funzies. She had my halter, so off we went to my electric fence gate so I could put it on and go for a walkabout. I stood very still for my halter, but once it's on it's time to GO! She took forever to open the gate, but maybe that's cos she had to keep making me stand still so neither of us got zapped and cos manners are Very Important to be a real grown up pony. The people who use the big barn in my field were there with their truck and trailer full of crab pots moving things about, but I'm not scared of silly things like that (that's why I have the electric fence - I'm so not scared that I chewed some of their ropes when nobody was there to stop me, so now I have to be kept out of that area unless someone is holding my rope). I walked really good but a little springy stepped until about half way to where my friends live. Then one of them whinnied at me and I thought that meant GO! So I tried... Cyd made me stop, and then we walked a few steps and I bounced, so we stopped, and walked and bounced and stopped and walked andbounced and stopped andwalkedandbouncedandstopped. Boring game. I hooked my bendy tail up on my back to show how fancy I am and started snorting really loud, enough that people walking stopped to ask if I was ok and did some fancy dance moves with my feet. Eventually we made it to my friends driveway and I thought I should show everyone how good my circles are so round and round I went. Cyd made me stop and I jumped and went round again, so she made me stop and I reared and round I went. So me made me keep going. That's not the game! So I stopped and put my duh-face on and looked very sorry for myself. I was still very bouncy, front feet up back feet up, so I went in an empty paddock to regroup my brain cells for a minute. My friends just looked at me like I was silly and didn't care about my lunacy. Once I settled down, I got tied up to be brushed. I was supposed to go practice circles with my saddle on, cos apparently we are going to practice pony riding tomorrow or maybe today as well, but since I was confused as to whether I was a growing-up-pony or a fearsome dragon we just went without my things. I did my circles kinda good but I wasn't concentrating super hard. Once I did some good stuff I got to stop and have a cookie and play follow the leader without my halter. I'm really good at that game, and was serious about my work, but Cyd says bi-polar ponies don't get to practice pony riding (especially on days she has to go to work after playing with me). We're going to see how I feel tomorrow and hopefully I can hold my brain cells together for a ten minute walk in my circle place cos it's coming close to the time to practice proper pony riding so I can go on adventures with my friends and stop sharing Cyd with other ponies. I had to hang out in the circle place cos by this time my friends were coming back from one ride and getting ready for more people and I don't want to be a disturbance. Even though they don't usually care what I do, I might do something to scare them or make them mad at me, and the people they carry often don't know how to ride ponies so we must not be a bother or we might get banned. Those ponies are very smart to know their job without the riders really doing anything, even really little childrens and sometimes the riders are kinda scared. They always come back really chuffed that they did pony riding though :)
No pictures today, so here's an old one of me in my hat!

I don't have any pictures of me today since I took both of Cyd's hands to hold me and she had to keep close watch on me. But I did get a very cool present of a new girth, just like the one I already have but it's only been tried on a by a pony. It won't work for the saddle my Aunty V rides in so she gave it to Cyd for me and we are both very grateful cos it's super compfty for my belly and now I have a spare one. I am a special pony!

No comments:

Post a Comment