Wednesday 19 June 2013

Like a real official Big Pony!

Guess what Guess what Guess what? I was so amazing today if I do say so myself. I.. Got.. Ridden! Woohoo. I had my saddle, and my girth and my new bridle and reins with a very funny bit that I borrowed. I wiggled and jiggled it in my mouth as much as I could, and chomped quite a bit but turns out the thing is not chewy at all. After I helped brush myself, I helped put my things on. Cyd says I'm not really all that helpful, but I think she needs practice putting the numnah on, so when she's not looking I take it off for her. Once I was ready we went to see my friends and go to the place where I practice my circles. We walked about a bit, and stood next to a big tub.
"I'm ready!"
 I thought it tried to bite me the first time, turns out I just wasn't close enough so Cyd moved it. Something weird was happening with my bit, she was making my head turn. Easy enough I guess. Turns out when you turn your head when the rein tells you to, you get a cookie! Yum!

When we were done with that game, she got up on the tub. I stayed really really still. She wibbled my saddle a bit, and put a foot in the stirrup. We've done this game before. My job is to stand still, and wait for the cookie. Then somehow her leg was the other side of me, and she scratched my neck and told me how good I was. I got my cookie for standing so nicely, then she disappeared. I looked around, and found her still up there. People certainly do strange things.
This is what I look like from my saddle
We were in the middle of the round pen, but she seemed pretty comfy up there, and there was some poop near the fence that I really really wanted to sniff. Figured I could just take her with me. We smelled a few more poops, then I saw my friends on the other side of the fence on the far side. So I took her to go meet them. Apparently that earned me a cookie too. Either she really liked meeting my friends, or just likes me walking about. There was some smooshing on my belly. I turned around and bumped her foot, cos I wasn't sure about that game. Not at all. She boomped me again. Huh!
Why are you boomping me?
I decided to walk a few steps, and that got me some more neck scratching. Time to experiment. Foot boomp, walk, scratch, foot boomp, walk, scratch. Easy enough I guess. Then she got off and cuddled me and fed me a cookie. This was quite effective. We went back to the tub and started the whole game all over again. Stand still, let her get on, get a cookie. Go for a walk, get a neck scratch. Apparently we're going to play with a friend on Friday so that I have someone to follow and learn from. That's going to be really exciting.
Sure I had a saddle here somewhere..
Nearly nap time!


No comments:

Post a Comment