Thursday 7 April 2016

Don't Worry, I'm Still Here

Hello Everybodies! How are you? Did you miss me? I'm totally fabulous still, though some good things and some bad things have been happening since we last got my typing done. Can you believe it's been 3 months? Cyd is just the worst! We're going to catch you up real super fast.

I went on lots of pony rides with my friends. It rained a lot, and eventually even the good-for-rainy-day trails got a bit too wet and slippery. But we still had fun.
Then I stopped getting in my pony trailer by myself. If there were two people, it wasn't so bad. If there was a pony in my pony trailer, I hopped right in. I also kept crashing coming out, cos for going really fast and then my trailer biting me. Big problems ensue.

I do manage to make it to the arena. By the time I'm in my pony trailer, Cyd is too tired to ride, and our friends are ready to go home. So I just run around and play and look amazing.
 
 I do a few rides dressed like this. People tell Cyd she's crazy, but we have fun. This is also how I was dressed when I saw my first mountain lion. I did snorting and not freaking out, and it ran away so we were safe. Go me!
 
It rains some more...
I have another time of not getting in my pony trailer for a few hours. Our friends go riding without us. Cyd is pretty frustrated, and has run out of pony loading tricks. I spend a lot of time doing this:
Aunt-E makes a new style of cooler, and makes one for me in my colours. The neck velcros on and off depending on my warmth needs. I look pretty snazzy.

I go exploring to new pony riding places, and find spectacular views. We did 20 miles this day. I'm conditioning for Cache Creek 50 mile endurance ride. I had one really bad tantrum where I totally threw myself on the ground cos for not wanting to do what Cyd said. Somehow she clung on like  monkey, and I got up and was a bit nervous from being on the floor, and Cyd told me again to do stuff and I did, and I've been a pretty great riding pony ever since...

We decide we've had enough of my trailering nonsense, and Aunt-E comes to help make me get in better. But then the plans change and with about an hour's notice I am being loaded into my trailer to go to Aunt-E's house in Eureka. Pony boot camp for me. Except with an hour left in our trip, the tyre on my pony trailer fell apart. Lucky there was a huge space on the side of the freeway for us to pull over and be safe while we got rescued.
Oops
My first lesson begins right away. I do lots of exercises, and by the end of our trip I put myself in the pony trailer. I'm still mostly doing pretty good.
Supposed to step, but this was acceptable
I get in by myself now






















While I was there, we did two short pony rides, and one really long one at Cuneo Creek where I did my enduring last year. On the first pony ride, we finally persuaded Aunt-E to ride me. Nobody but Cyd has ever been on my back in my whole life, but I totally behaved although I was a bit confused.
The next day, Aunt-E's Sharifbabypony came on the ride, and Cyd did some work with him on going downhill better, while Aunt-E led me down the hill. At the bottom she wouldn't let Cyd have me back, and she rode me the whole rest of the ride. I must be a good pony.
Our last ride was an enduring practice ride, and I did great even though I couldn't keep up with the other ponies when we did walking. It took a long time cos for having to go under and around and through places that were tricky. I did awesome, was a good grown-up, and even carried Aria the dog for a minute.





Yesterday we did another long ride to test out mine and Huey's new slippers. They are just like my go-faster booties, except they glue to my hoofies to be extra strong and secure ready for doing enduring. It can be tricky to do it, and Cyd got glue in her hair, and forgot to wear gloves so glued her ring to her finger, and got some glue on my fur. My new slippers worked great though!
We did a mock LD, and I was pretty awesome. It was really hot though, which wasn't fun for any of us. At one point Cyd thought I was over heating, then she realised I was mostly just being lazy. Once we had a discussion about that I was back to my usual great stuff, doing trottings and canter. I ate and drank really good, and at the trailer for our mock vet check, I had a bucket of water and a bucket of mash and a ton of hay, and I barely stopped for breath, just went from one to the other the whole time like a good enduring pony.

Phew, I think that's all the things. Now maybe Cyd will keep up with my stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment