Thursday 28 April 2016

Getting Readies!

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous. Right now I am really fit, but doing a lot of resting. Wanna know why? Cos for next weekend, it's time for me to do my enduring again. Yep, I'm going 50 miles with Cyd all in one day. We've been practicing so many of my skills, like being vetted, and doing trotting out (which is definitely not my favourite), and riding my own ride no matter what is going on around me.
A meet up on a day we rode together but separate
Cyd has also been super busy getting all my gear together. She has to replace straps on my go-faster booties, they are a bit worn and they are our back up booties. I am wearing my glue on yellow slippers for the Ride, but in case one falls off we need my strap kind ready to protect my hoofy. Uncle J installed my new pony-containment. It's called hi-tie, and attaches to my pony trailer.
Cyd needs to make a good rope to attach me with, but the hard part is done. I also have a new saddle! It's called Stonewall, and seems to fit me really well so far, and we're improving it for Cyd. It will get its own post soon. 
We've been doing lots of different kinds of pony adventures with our friends, and some solo pony riding. Speedy conditioning rides, brain training rides, solo rides, a pony hike. I got seen by Dr A the pony chiropractor. She gave Cyd a ton of homework for me to do to make my butt stronger, and helped my headache. 

Today on my pony ride I met Zephyrpony, who is different from me in how she makes her legs go. She is called gaited kind, and some ponies don't like how they move. It didn't bother me though, and I was really quite polite to her. I did do some bouncing today, but nothing bad. Mostly it was decided that I was being cute and showing off how good I can move in my new saddle (though I still got told off for not being a grown up). Waylonpony didn't get to ride with us, they were trying a new saddle and he didn't like it so they went home, but then his person decided to change it and just follow along behind. Yay Waylonpony. Hueypony has got really fit and strong with all his training, he is going to do great in his first 50. There was a bad moment in the pony trailer when the rear-tack partition wasn't attached and it wasn't noticed until us ponies were latched in and the trailer was being turned around. I did stomping cos for it bumping into me so Cyd and Aunt-T jumped out the truck and carefully opened the door and held the partition out the way. I am totally okay, I was just a bit nervous. Eating some grass made me feel better and I hopped right back in the pony trailer. Now Cyd has another thing to add to her pre-drive check list - lesson learned!
I just have some easy rides this week, a hoofy trim, my slippers glued on, and a bath. Plus some new strings for my saddle to tie all my crap on with. We're ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment