Wednesday 13 April 2016

Flying Solo

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous, and Cyd is really pleased with me today. We did start with bit of a bump though. Did we tell you about my pretty yellow slippers? They are just like my orange go-faster booties, except just a shell, and they stick to my hoofies with glue!
They stayed on really good for my mock LD with Hueypony, who was also testing his sparkly green slippers. We rested for some days, and Cyd went to her people job to get my haymonies, and then went to a people race called ultramarathon and ran 50 miles without me. She was a bit too tired and wobbly to do pony riding, so we never got another test ride in. But I do lots of shenanigans in my field, and it took two attempts and various tools to pry them off my feet this morning. I got startled by a chicken in my field while Cyd was trying to pry the slipper off, and I did Big Over Reacting and leaped for the sky. Troubles is, Cyd's head was in the way, and I bashed her face with my knee. She sat in my field for a minute and checked there were no stars in her eyes or birdies flying around her head or bloods leaking in her mouth, then we did some of my groundwork stuff on reminding me that my space bubble is for me and Cyd's space bubble is for her, and she might come into my bubble, but I must not go into her bubble unless invited. I stood very still the rest of the time!

Once I was done with getting my slippers removed, it was time to get in my pony trailer. Cyd had backed it close to my gate, where it made a little box kind of area. I thought for a few minutes about not getting in, but then I realised there wasn't anywhere else for me to go, so I hopped in and got lots of praising. I rode in the trailer all by myself, and we didn't go to get my Waylonfriend like usual. I got out at Caspar Orchard, and did looking but no other ponies were there. Where are my friends? I settled into snacking, but kept looking up in case my friends were arriving. Somehow it was time for Cyd to get on, and we were solo adventuring down the trail!

I was doing a bit of looking but being very good, I go out by myself a lot so this bit is no biggie for me, just a different place. Once my muscles were warmed up we started trottings practice, and had fun zigzagging down the twisty turny trail. We came to the Waylonpony Crash Site from last time we were here, and I remembered that he said the wooden board was scary so I did snorting at it so as to be safe! We only went half way on this super skinny trail, then turned back to the logging road. Once we got there I decided it was time to make our ride more adventuresome and use up lots of energies. I did bouncing and asking to go fastfastfast. So much so that Cyd moved my reins to make my hackamore stronger (though we were just on the halter ring, so not a huge deal). She told me if she shut her eyes she might have thought she was riding Miss Fuega cos for how I was acting. I was ready to go go go the whole rest of the ride, but was being polite about it now. We did lots of trotting practice, and some canter. We know better than to canter around a blind turn but we did. Of course this is the one time there's someone on a mountain bike coming the other way. She yelled at us for going fast, even though she was going fast too. We didn't crash though, and she moved out of the way and nearly climbed a tree and was really scared and we think that's why she was being so rude. Cyd asked her if she would give me a cookie cos for me being a bit nervous, but the lady said "NO!" cos for her being scared of ponies, and even though she was a long way out of my way not even on the trail she was squeaking on about "Am I going to get hurt aaah eeee". We thanked her for yielding trail and went on our merry way since there was no point getting in a fight with her. Mostly everyone around here is really good at sharing, and hopefully she realises ponies go there a lot and if she doesn't want to see us she should go to the no-pony-access places. Also the mountain lions are scarier than us ponies, jus' sayin'....
Once we got back to the pony trailer I snacked on some more hay while my saddle got put away. I did thinking about getting in my pony trailer, and Cyd had to be a bit firm with me, but I got in quite fast without fighting, and got my cookies. All in all a successful day! Wheeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment