Tuesday 5 January 2016

So Many Adventures!

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous and also super tired cos for going on three adventures in three days! I have done 36.3 miles in just three days. Lucky I have some days off, we don't want me getting tired or sour. I was really happy to go out again, I shoved my nose in my halter and waited patiently for my Hueyfriend to arrive. We went pony riding together yesterday and had SO MUCH  FUN! We only did walking, but it was a twisty turny uppy down slippy slidey narrow trails. I got to practice so many skills, like listening to little squeezes from Cyd's leg to make me sidle a teensy bit to not bruise her knees, and not being scared when she scooted her feet up by my saddle cos for the gap being just too skinny, and mostly doing all my stuff with barely rein contact to practice for our neck loop goal. There was a bit of a snafu when Hueypony got a bit stuck in my pony trailer. He is like me and doesn't like to come out of pony trailers backwards, but unlike me who is sticky, he refuses to do it at all. Silly pony. He wasn't good at turning either. He was stuck! Lucky though, my rear tack room is only held in with pins, so Cyd took them out and folded it up and now he had room to turn around. Problem solved for now. Another problem though, he was meant to come with me to meet Waylonpony today. But he has puffy fetlocks. This is not okay, so he had a resting day. (Any suggestions other than stocking up, which seems most likely, much appreciated.) So I ended up loading by myself like a good pony. Driving out to the forest, I had to pull off the road for a HOUSE driving down the highway! But I unloaded quietly, got my saddle so very fast, didn't freak out when big trucks flew by, and walked off with Waylonpony on a loose rein like a good pony. We did have some adventures on our ride today, like taking the dinosaur trail to cross the creek. The creek was so high and flowing super fast from all our storms lately. After some debating, I got sent first to see how appropriate it was for ponies to cross. I was a very good pony and stepped in, and it was really deep! Turn around, go back to the other route. It was quite deep there too, but a much easier crossing. See how high it is on Waylonpony:
Next obstacle was our rocky steep bit. Guess who was the leader pony? I had a bit of trouble at not really wanting to go through the puddle at the bottom of the trail, but I fearlessly led the way up, picked a great route, paused to take pictures of my friend doing his first time going up, then carried on up like a clever pony. Next was the start of lots of uphill trotting. I got tired on the second leg (that comes immediately after the first, but much steeper!) so had to do some walking, but I did really good and so did Waylon, except he is quite fast. Today I also practiced my jumping, I am actually starting to get a little bit good at it, and each time I do a good jump and get praised I put my head and ears up sharp for being happy. Cyd is going to teach me better in the spring when Uncle J makes us some jumps, then I can do bigger trees. I only had one tiny tantrum, when it was time to leave one of our rest places, and it started raining and I said NO, but I got over it really quickly. I also learned what pocket Aunty E keeps Waylonpony's cookies, and that I should be involved in people tangerine snacking. Something else that happened that is exciting and most people think our riders are strange for being excited: Waylon did peeing with a rider! He never did this before. It took him five hours, but he's learning. We both had big drinks at the bathtubwatertrough near where our trailers were parked. Neither of us drank much more than a few sips on the trail, which is not normal for me. I'm not a fan of puddle drinking, and the creeks were all a bit scary for me today. I need to do better at that. When we got back to my house, Cyd took me to my rolling pit without my blanket cos for me seeming pretty itchy on our pony ride. I rolled and shook and rolled and shook for ten minutes! Now she's going to remember that on days that I keep my blanket on, I should have it off to go do rolling at least a few minutes, and after my pony rides too. We are experimenting with putting my old saddle on me, just cos it didn't fit me before, doesn't mean it won't fit me now. I had even sweat marks, and didn't have any tantrums, so maybe it's good? I didn't feel sore backed when we got back, but usually I don't show that until the next day, so Cyd's going to check me tomorrow. I love going on so many adventures, but now it's time for me to rest, to help me get strong!


No comments:

Post a Comment