Wednesday 16 December 2015

Sometimes I'm Bad

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous, of course. Today I went pony riding with Aunty L and Pretty and Tillydog, who is tiny but awesome. She totally keeps up with us ponies, and even goes on long rides. This is Tillydog:
Adventure dog
We did pony riding with Aunty L last week too, and I got super confused cos for her having two ponies. That was a nice easy ride, cos for some spots being slippery, and everyone wanting to do relaxing. I was quite excellently behaved, only having an occasional sticky spot. Today I had a REALLY BIG sticky spot. I had been doing so awesome, I went up the rockface, and did some big trottings, and power walked up a big hill, and was being nice to Prettypony and Tillydog. 
Sharing my hayfoods politely
Then we got to turn on Brandon Gulch trail, and I asked if Prettypony would go first. This made Cyd and Aunty L decide that I had to go first cos for being trained to be a good pony. I was a bit stuck, but we did some of my things for unsticking, and I was brave going around a fallen tree, and marched in the front like a fearless leader pony. Then it was time for trottings practice, and I decided I absolutely totally possibly could not go even a tiny little bit. Cyd did some of my things, and I just planted myself, so she hopped off and ran and made me do trottings that way. She got back on, we trotted a couple strides and I said nopenopenope so off she got again and I had to go fast, and then again a third time of getting off. Cyd was getting pretty bothered by me, and the fact she wasn't wearing her right shoes for running, and had lots and lots of clothes on so was now super hot and sweaty and I was being a bratface. Finally we got me going after some big discussions, and everyone got to breathe for a while. I did pretty good for most of the rest of the ride, only getting momentarily backwards thinking, and very quickly figured out I should just do forwards like Cyd said. Phew! I also did good at letting Prettypony trot away from me faster than I could go, and I even walked on a loosey rein while she did trotting like a good pony. I did some tricky trail too, remember my rock face that is hard for me but now I'm getting good at it?  Today I went up and down it. Down is hard but I totally used  my Big Boy Brain, and carefully figured where to put my feeties so we didn't fall down. I can be grown up when it counts!

When we got back, Cyd took off my saddle and checked my back again. No soreness. This is a good sign. We still need to do a longer ride (we did 12 today, pretty good) to see how it really is for me. Cyd ordered a new kind of pad cos for us not having one that fits, then we can do a super good test, but we think we like it for me. We're also going to be calling a lady who does pony acupuncture here, cos for there being a couple of things Cyd thinks it will help me with. I practiced my trotting out again. I did it super good, two times cos for Cyd dropping her phone the first time and we had to do another to go back to fetch it. I looked perky, and only one time I got a little bit ahead but my rope got swung and I backed off. Such a good day for us today! Thanks for taking us Aunty L, and for being patient with me when I do my bad behavings.

No comments:

Post a Comment