Tuesday 8 December 2015

Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Fish?

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous. Though it turns out I have been LIED TO! By Cyd, and Uncle J, and Aunty V, and basically anyone who ever told me monsters don't exist. We'll get to that later. 
Umm, why are my ears tied up?
This morning, Cyd came to see me, and did a big sigh cos for me being all wet standing in the rain earlier, instead of keeping dry in my shed. She put my snazzy cooler on me, then got my trial saddle out, and my pink pad, and my bridle, and her helmet. Soon Aunty D arrived with Ticopony's trailer, and he was in it. I got spooked by a neighbour and pulled back and ran around with my tail in the sky, but calmed down as soon as Cyd caught my rope. I hopped on the pony trailer even though there was a puddle right by my entrance step. I was very securely totally latched inside with no open doors, and we set off for Jackson State Forest, one of our favourite pony riding places. When we got there, Aunty E and Waylonpony were already there ready to ride with us, along with Gunnar the dog.
Gunnardog
Sighdog came with us too.
Cyd asked Aunty D to look at my back cos for it being tense, and she doesn't think it's saddle related, but learning to use my body right related. I wasn't painful, just a bit anticipatory. I got some warming up, then we got our saddles on and were ready to go.
L - Waylonpony   R - Ticopony
We did an explory route today, that Cyd thought she maybe kinda knew, and it totally worked (though there was a long bit in the middle of not really knowing where we were and guessing by logic which turns to take, ssshh). Yippee for new loopys. I was in the front for our first trottings, then Ticopony overtook me, then Waylonpony overtook us both. They had a little race for seeing who was the leader and I wanted to race too, but Cyd said Nonono Bugsy, stay here out of the way. I pouted but just did trotting, and even got loose reins for being good. This was my good behavings of the day, whenever there was dramas in front of me, I just stayed out of it and only needed occasional reminders to listen to Cyd instead of copying my friends. Well done Me!
I had a little bridle malfunction...
There were some really big hills on this pony ride. Once we are all fit and strong it will be excellent training for our enduring rides to do trottings up, but we were huffing and puffing just walking today. There were some really slick spots and we all did some sliding, but no pony fell all the way down which is good! I, of course, wasn't perfect. At one point when I was the leader pony, I got myself all jazzed up for no reason, which was getting Tico excited, which made me bounce some more. It wasn't my worst bouncing, but with all the slipperies and other excitable ponies all trying to be good, we just decided to do stopping for a while. This helped my brain get back between my ears where it apparently belongs, and we didn't escalate to crazy pony status.
The biggest adventures of this pony ride happened in the last mile though. I was striding out in front being a fearless leader pony, when I heard a big noise. I spun around to face my friends and they were nervous too. We went to keep going down the trail, when 'whoooooshsmash' went the tree branch. I spun around again and tried to flee, and my friends were scared too. This is called widow maker, and lucky we were far enough away that we were safe, but only by ten strides or so. It didn't hit the road, but imagine how more scared I would have been if it was next to me. I didn't want to go down the road in front anymore, so Tico took over with Waylon nearby for protections. I kept looking for monsters and Cyd was laughing at me, until I TOTALLY SAVED HER LIFE! 
All my friends
Remember how I used to be totally scared of going in the water cos for there being sharks? Turns out, I was right all along. We were on the road above the creek, and something started splashysplashing down below and behind us. I nearly jumped out my skin, and was ready to flee again. You know... to save Cyd... honest... The peoples all laughed at me, and told me it was just something called salmonfish that got a bit stuck in the shallow bit of creek and had to jump around to get itself free. But I know the truth. It was a shark, and without me and my swift action we would have died. I just know it! And you know what, Cyd? Singing "Who's afraid of the big bad fish" is just mean mean mean. You are a bad pony owner and I saved your life anyways! You all lied to me about monsters.
Very grey damp day, with some drizzlies
No more eventufulness after this at least. I did really good at practicing my enduring-style trot out. My back wasn't sore after our adventure. I decided I was starving, and Cyd forgot to bring my haybagsnacks (see, BAD pony owner!). S'ok though, I just stole some of Tico's.

Thanks for taking us riding, we do have good adventures, even if they are a bit rambunctious.

No comments:

Post a Comment