Thursday 8 October 2015

Making New Friends

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous! Yesterday, I made six new friends. Two were people, D and L, two ponies Tico and Miss Priss, and two were puppies, Sigh and Tilly. I was really confused as to why Cyd brushed me, then got my saddle and her helmet and put them on... the gate? Where are we going Cyd? While I was getting my go-faster booties, a new pony trailer that I didn't see before pulled up by my house and D came to my field to meet me. They loaded my things up then Cyd came back for me. I was very good and didn't even hesitate getting in the new pony trailer, and made instant friends with Tico pony already waiting inside. We were off on a new adventure!
Making friends
When we got out L and her pony were there too, and all us ponies got our saddles on and the peoples got their helmets. None of us ponies had bits or metal shoes on our feeties. There were a couple of really big trucks that came by, and one of them made me nervous, so much that I stepped on my bootie and pulled the cables right out so it fell off. We have all the pieces to fix it, and Cyd just took my other back bootie off to make me even for the ride. The people hopped on and we walked for a whole two minutes, and realised the way we wanted to go was the same way as the trucks, which everybody agreed didn't sound like very much fun at all, and even a bit dangerous. So we turned around, got in our trailers with our saddles, drove to the parking spot right on the other side of the highway, and off we went again on a different loopy. 
My six new friends
To start with I was not a big fan of the puppies too near me, so I made faces at them. Cyd growled at me for being rude and said I Must! Not! Kick! The! Dogs! I didn't, but we still kept a close eye on them and me, and soon I got over it. The peoples did chatting and Cyd mentioned that I don't usually like to be the leader pony but I was walking out good and kind of in the lead. When we started doing trotting, I didn't want to be in the front. So you know what happened? They made me be the leader! Then when Tico pony tried to come past me cos for being a faster trotter, I was Really Bad and pointed my butt at him with grumpy face on. I did this a couple of times and it got me in Big Troubles and made Cyd embarrassed again, and worried that we might hurt our new friends and then they won't want to be our friends anymore. But they were super nice, and we made a game called Pass The Leader. First Tico went in front, and I had to do trotting past him, then he came by me again, then my turn again. We both did looking at logs so sometimes it didn't go super easily, but I was mostly used to it quite quickly. I got to practice my manners, and trying to do my big trot. Now that I'm good at canter, I don't like to do fast trotting. The other ponies have big fast trots that were not easy for me to keep up, so I tried to do canter, but Cyd said I had to practice my big trot. To show my disapproval I did slow choppy trottings, which meant I fell behind, so wanted to canter to catch up. I was pretty good about not losing my brain though when I got left behind, so it was the start of some good practicing. 
Snack break (don't worry, my reins can't fall lower than that to get stuck!)
There were some really big hills on this pony ride, and we did lots of trottings and some canter up them. It was also humid, so us ponies were soaked in our sweats in just a few miles. After going up one of the big hills, the peoples jumped off and took our pulses - no walking time, no water to drink, and no water to wash our sweats and make us cool. My first pulse wasn't easy to count accurately cos for my loud breathings, but it was in the high 80s. Cyd measured a few more times, and in just under four minutes my pulse was down to 56! I'm getting very fit.
Tough ride!
We had lots of fun on this practicing ride, and guess what? D said I could ride with Tico in their pony trailer to take me to my Lake Sonoma 50 mile enduring ride. They are going too and since me and Tico liked being in the trailer together and I don't have my own pony trailer yet, we are going to share. The peoples are going to make sure we can't see each other at our camp site though, cos for us getting too bonded and not riding together on race day. I am going to camp with Aunt-E and Ellie pony. We're going to have so much fun!
Not even a bit tired!
Thank you for coming to get us D, and thank you L! And extra thanks to both of you for being patient when I was being a bratty baby, we appreciate your help very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment