Thursday 29 October 2015

Ambi-Canter

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am SO fabulous. Me and Cyd have been doing some quiet time to let my poorly over-dramatized leg heal, to give me some time off after our hard training, and Cyd has been doing easy short people running. Now we are both rested and ready to do training for our spring events. First we did trading with Aunty D, who does pony sports massage. She massaged me, and Cyd massaged her. I really needed my massage. Cyd does some with me, but Aunty D knows lots more about my trouble spots. I also had a slightly poorly tummy that morning, Cyd had to go searching for me in my field, and actually walk me to my tying place, and then I didn't want to do lunging. I had lots of gases in my belly, and the lunging and the pony massage made me feel better and got things in my belly moving again. Look how different I look in my before and after picture!
Before my sporty massage - scrunched up, a dip in front of my wither, leaning forward, and a round belly dip, and not my happiest self
After my sporty massage - my neck is more straight, I am longer, my front legs are standing better, my muscles are smooth, and I am happy and relaxed.
I am not very good at hiding my feelings (I don't think maybe this surprises you much), so let Aunty D know whenever she found an ouchy spot, but also let her know when it felt good again. I did lots of breathing, sighing, licking and chewing, and nuzzling cos for feeling better. When Aunty D gives a pony a massage, the pony's person gets a sheet explaining what work got done, and suggestions for them. Here is my sheet. I am symmetrical in my sore spots at least, and now we have some new stretches to do for me as well as the ones we already do.
Cyd knew some of these spots were sore, but not others. My trapezius was crazy tight
Want to get your pony a pony massage? Ask Aunty D at Horses At Liberty!

On Wednesday, Aunty D brought my Ticofriend to my house so we could ride my trails. I loved having a buddy to go with, and did walking really good up the road. I had to be a bit brave when there was a scary digger in the road, but I followed Ticopony and we got by safely. The peoples got on at my mounting tree, and off we went to do my long loopy at a leisurely pace. I was so happy to be doing pony riding, and Cyd said I felt a lot freer and taller like I was holding myself properly after my pony massage. Aunty D said I looked like I was moving really good too. I wanted to do trotting really soon, but the peoples made us wait for our brains (Tico pony rode this trail before too, but at speed, and did tree crashing a bit like me - oopsies). When we finally got to do trotting I wanted to do canter, and I got a bit mad at Ticopony being in my spaces. Who does he think he is going near my butt? Silly dressage pony thinks he's so special. Cyd says I need to suck it up and remember my manners cos for if we kick our friends they won't be my friends anymore, and I got a taptap with her riding crop that she brought especially for that purpose. I sulked a bit and settled for making faces and angry waggling of my ears the rest of our ride.
"I hates him"
Me and Tico were both really good on the whole loopy, both sometimes needing manners reminders, but remembering our proper behavings quickly. Some of my trail is getting a bit overgrowed so we had to push through, and the peoples laughed at us, me cos for picking my way through like a deerpony knowing where the trail is, and Ticopony barging like a buffaloespony just having a blast. I did still crash into a tree branch later on though - oopsies. I also made grumpy faces whenever I wasn't the lead pony. These are MY trails, Ticopony doesn't know the way, I should be in the front always. So I stomped and sulked a bit until it was trottings time again. 
On our way home, we did some trottings, and I broke into a canter. Cyd was going to make me stop and do trottings but guess what? I Was On My Right Lead! This is really really hard for me. During my sporty massage, Aunty D did a lot of work on my right shoulder, it was all locked up tight. Go back to my pictures and look at that shoulder again and see how much better it looks. Anyways, my right hand canter was super hard and a bit wobbly like when I was just learning how to do canter ever, but the people did cheering for me and I had my concentrating face on, and Cyd stayed super balanced to help me. We had to stop cos for the ground getting rocky and neither of us ponies wearing our go-faster booties (Tico has the same kind as me). We trotted a short little bit where it was softer and I tried to canter and did Right Hand Canter again! The ground was too hard for me to do lots of canter so I had to be stopped so I don't get ouchy feeties, but Cyd was so pleased with me! Now we have to carefully build my strength for doing canter on that side but not forget to practice the Left Hand Side too. I'm an ambi-canterer. We had a quiet amble back to my house to take off our saddles and practice our trot outs like for doing enduring. We both need to practice all the time cos for me not wanting to stop cos for being excited to show off, and Ticopony not wanting to go cos for not seeing the point in wasting energies. We both did good trottings out today though. We had a lot of fun on our pony ride, and I didn't do hating on Tico the whole time, sometimes I give him kisses for putting up with my nonsenses. Look how cute we are when I'm being nice:

No comments:

Post a Comment