Tuesday 27 January 2015

A Weekend of Pony Riding

A lot of up today
Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous. Yesterday I was a bit tired, so didn't have much extra energies for stories, even if they are about me. I did pony riding on Sunday. Then again on Monday. Two days in a row of pony riding. We went a new place on Sunday with the Lady in Red and Trevey. I went in the pony trailer all by myself so we could go pick up Trevey, and then we went to the pretty place where I do a lot of my pony riding. I was a bit confused when we went on the trail to the field with all the grasses where the people do lunch eating but we didn't stop, we went up a big big hill. I had to do some stopping on the way up cos for being all huffy puffy and super sweaty. We were going exploring on Manchester loop, and you know what we learned? Cyd hasn't been pony riding that loop properly all this time, she's been going the long way around. Silly Cyd. Lucky we didn't go the long way that day, I would have been so tired. We did lots of trotting, including some big trots. I couldn't always keep up, but mostly I did. Sometimes I had to take a quick break, but then I did catching up, or Trevey waited for me cos for me not being as fit as he is. Also, Asanti the dog came along, and two times I got a growly voice, one time, when he came up behind me and I made angry faces, and one time when he was in front of me and I tried to chase him, but Cyd had my reins and made me do stopping and reminded me how to behave appropriately. Behaving appropriately isn't always the most fun but I'm getting really good at it, lots of people are saying so. We dropped off Trevey pony, and by the time we got back it was getting dark, and it was very dark by the time I got my saddle off and ate my mushy food. We have to go up the road to get back to my house, and in the dark we take a friend with a flashlight to walk behind me so the cars don't bump into us by accident. But we had no friends to help, so Cyd held the flashlight. You know how kitties like to chase laser pointers? Turns out I think it's fun to chase flashlight beams. Cyd was so confused and thought I was doing spooking, which is silly cos for her using flashlights and headlamps around me all the time for seeing in the dark. Maybe they'll make a video of me playing in the dark for you.
Watcha doing over there?
Yesterday, I went pony riding again with Aunty V and two guest peoples with Leo and Indy and Virshima. It was not such a long ride, but still big hills. I was so good at canter that a movie was made as if you're riding on me cos for Cyd borrowing a helmet camera from Aunty V. Thanks Aunty V!! On the pony ride, I went in the back like usual, that way I can take breaks if I need to and don't hold everybody up. When I get tired, I am okay with being left behind by the other ponies. When I have my breath back I can do catching up, so it's just fine by me, and Cyd likes that it's just fine by me. 
I did some super awesome cantering today, even with proper transitions and using my butt and my back and being smooth. Then Cyd had to make me do trotting cos for me catching up too close to the front ponies, not cos I was racing, just cos I do big strides now. I'm getting so strong. She got off to lead me on the down down down bit, and there was some pampas grass, and you know what Cyd did? She put it in my halter to make me a circus pony! I wasn't very impressed, but didn't shake it off or do naughty behavings. See how silly I look? It's hard being Cyd's pony sometimes!
We got back to the pony trailer, and I was so sleepy I couldn't even keep my eyes open to get my picture taken!

That's better :)
And look here's my cantering movie so you can pretend like you're doing pony riding with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment