Thursday 11 August 2016

Hat Creek Hustle - Pony Camp

Wearing a hat. Because.
Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous and also not fabulous. Cyd never finished the post about me being more broken (by the way - I'm more broken...) but that will now come after my pony doctor comes to see me for my check up on today when we have some new news. In the meantime, with all my breakages, it was determined that it isn't fair to ask Aunty Emily or Aunty Davina to pony sit me, and that I would just go to the enduring pony camp and watch the other ponies do enduring while I hung out in camp getting good at that bit. Bonus - there are pony doctors in camp, and not at home, so it made sense to take me along just in cases!

Early in the morning, Cyd packed me up in my pony trailer with my hayfoods, and my buckets, and all my medicines, and off we went to Lassen National Forest where all our friends were. We stopped part way for me to take my medicines and eat some breakfast. It took a while to get there, and once we did there was a line to wait for a camp spot. The nice parking man thought really hard to find a spot where Aunty Elicia and all her ponies could camp next to us even though she wasn't there yet. Though by the time it was our turn to park she had arrived too. I spent a lot of my waiting time whinnying to the other ponies who were also waiting in their trailers. It's important to tell everybodies that you have arrived. I did some wiggling too. 

I was a bit abrupt in my unloading of the pony trailer, but then I waited really patiently tied to Aunty Elicia's pony trailer while the Bugsy Express got parked in a good spot. My hi-tie got set up, and my borrowed testing hay bag got some hay in it, and I was ready to do camping, just like that. The testing hay bag worked super good - I didn't eat enough hayfoods at Cache Creek cos for the holes in my net being too small for face stuffing. I liked this kind so much that Aunt Elicia gave it to me to keep - thanks!! She stood by me while Cyd did the really scary bits of setting up her people camp, but I was pretty chilled out the whole time. Go me!

I was mostly calm the whole weekend, even when Jelly Bean and Amir went to do their vetting in and left me on my own. Cyd only got up to check on me one time during Friday night, cos for me rocking the trailer enough to rock the truck. She couldn't figure it out until morning - I had got my hay bag stuck behind the spare tire so every bite made wobbles. Once she fixed it, there was no being woken up the next night.

Doing Camping on my hi-tie
I was really good when the ponies went to do their enduring on Saturday. I was also really good when Amir got up early to do more enduring on Sunday, but Jelly and Cyd stayed with me. That day the wind started getting a bit windier and the awning started to do flapping, which startled me and I did some bouncing. I was being brave though, until Amir and Jelly and Cyd and Elicia all went to see if Amir was a Best Conditioned pony. The awning flapped more, and I did panicking and broke the clip holding me to the pony trailer and went trotting off. I'm not supposed to do much walking, let alone trotting by myself through camp, but everybody agreed I look fantastic, and I'm already Totally Sound, which is a good sign even though I can't go back to work for still another month! Cyd tied me straight to the pony trailer and I pretended to stand still. After ten minutes our camp neighbours found Cyd and told her I was jumping around like a crazy pony again. She had to hold my rope where I could see the other ponies, and not see the awning, until Aunty Elicia came back to put it away for me. Now I'm going to get a wind sock and a flag to put in my field, and we're going to do more tarp training like when I was a baby, cos for this being Not Acceptable. Silly me!

Getting Not Hurt at Aunty Elicia's
Soon we found out that Aunty Elicia needed to go home that day, but all our neighbour ponies had gone home and we didn't want me camping alone, so Cyd packed up all our things too and we went to Aunty Elicia's for the night - it's closer than my house and it was too late to go all the way there. I got put in a safety pen that Cyd double checked for me to not get hurt in it. I was only there for a few hours of sleeping time, then in the morning it was time to load up again and drive me back to my house. Phew!

I'm really getting good at being a camping pony. I like to sample all the people foods. This trip I had blueberry muffin, sammich, ginger ale, mint oreo, Reese's Puffs (my most favourite now), beer, as well as stuff we know I like - bananas and coffee. Nomnom. I'm going to come back to this camp again next year and be not broken so I can do enduring too!

No comments:

Post a Comment