Thursday 21 July 2016

All The Ouchies!

Can see some of my hoofprint
Hello everybodies, how are you? I am not completely fabulous this week. I came on pony vacation to Aunt-E's, and Cyd went home to her people job for a few days. The day before she was meant to drive back, Aunt-E had to call her with some bad news. 'Member my new bestie Patcheeee? We were napping together, and we had been playing together, and being besties. Then he decided he didn't want to be my friend any more and went POW on me with his hoofies and my leg really really hurt :( I was quite lame, but it didn't look like he broke any of my bones. I got put in a paddock by myself for safeties. The next day I was more sore, and limping, and had a Patcheeee hoof print in my butt. Cyd felt me all over, and we gave me some medicines to make the inflammations go away, and decided if I didn't look better the next day the pony doctor would come to check me. That evening I looked better, and even better the next morning, and pretty much my usual fabulous self the next evening. Cyd and Aunt-E celebrated and we all went to sleep. Happy pony story.

The day after Mr Patcheeee kicked me, baby Kallistapony escaped from her paddock under the fence cos for her being a sneaky adventure baby. She hurt her eye somehow, and it looked worse that evening. So this morning Cyd and Aunt-E went out to check on her and see if she needed to make a pony doctor appointment. The peoples made it just outside the house and I started walking up to Cyd and she said a bad word that people use when they're mad. Aunt-E looked and noticed that I was the worse lame I had been all vacation. Cyd came to look at me and I waggled my front leg at her. It was hot, and all swollen up, and had loads of cuts but luckily not too much of my bloods running out. So even if Kali's eye looked better we need the pony doctor now. I wore a boot full of icicles to cool my leg down while we waited. Most of the cuts are just on the surface, mostly around my fetlock. I had one nasty deep one on my heel and a slightly deeper one near my knee, and some around my neck near my head that are just surface wounds. It looks like I got some wire caught around my leg and that's where my owies came from. There's some swellings that made the people think I hurt my tendons or ligaments too, which would be really sad.
Baby Kallista in the wrong paddock, and her mummy Kate

The pony doctor came really soon, and checked the baby first. He was very nice to her even though she was super squiggly, and didn't even make her drunk to treat her. She just has a little cut by her eyelid right on the edge, so she needs eye cream put in a few times. Then he came to see me, and I stood very politely. He squirted pain killer on my more bad ouchies, and cleaned them up really good. I had to get a bit of my knee shaved, and the fur on my heel shaved. I didn't even flinch when the pony doctor did this. He doesn't think I've hurt my tendons or my ligaments, but said that it is still possible. He's quite sure that I'll be just fine in a few days though. I have to have big doses of antibiotics cos for having some infection, and maybe some cellulitis. He doesn't want me to be kept in a small pen, which is very good for me, I hate being cooped up. I also get anti-inflammatory medicine twice a day. I don't get any bandages cos for it being in an awkward spot, but I get silver spray called AluShield to keep the dirts out. If I look all healed up next week then my usual pony doctor can check me out and give me the all clear to still go to my enduring ride. If I'm not perfect Cyd will leave me at home though. No risking Bugsy legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment