Friday 15 July 2016

Pony Vacay

Hello everybodies. How are you? I am fabulous. I am on pony vacation at Aunt-E's new house. She lives in California again which we are very excited about. They have big fields at her new house, and her ponies get to roam free. There's a new pony there called Apache (pronounced Patcheeee) and we were besties right away cos for both liking to run and play. I was a bit crazy before I got in my pony trailer to go on the adventure, Cyd couldn't catch me cos for me not standing my hoofies still long enough to get my halter. 
We had to get new booties for Cyd's truck, and I stayed in the pony trailer while the tires were put on. I was a bit scared of all the noises, but the nice tire people made sure we knew where to get me water, and that I had some snacks to eat and that Cyd had coffee so she could be bouncy like me. It took forever, and we were there so long that we couldn't get to our pony play date in time. By the time we were going past Cache Creek I had been in the trailer for five hours, so we took a break to do peeing and walking and trotting and mash eating and water drinking. I was totally chilled out now and liked exploring. It took another couple hours to get to Aunt-E's house, where I promptly did this for two hours:
That's my new buddy. The next morning we went pony riding somewhere that Cyd was quite excited. She said it would be a very important place for me in a few years when I'm a bit more grown up and she has done more learning. We were somewhere called Tevis trail. We parked at the finish line and rode some of the famous trail, and some of the trails that will be in Cyd's people races that are happening this year. We even went across something called No Hands Bridge. Apparently all the cool ponies ride it hands free, even though there are railings now.
I did really very good on this pony ride. I am actually growing up. There was a new pony who is very experienced called Farley. Sometimes she made a grumpy face at me for being in her space so Cyd had to pay better attentions, but mostly she liked me. I went in the middle, and Patchee went behind me. He was doing tailgaiting and I only got a tiny bit grumpy at him but I didn't try to bite him or kick at him, even when he totally crashed into me. I did one or two tiny spooks at actual scary things like big trucks zooming below us, and one or two tiny silly pony spooks. I practiced my big trot which is a bit hard for me, but Farley and Patchee do it really good and it was the only way to keep up since Cyd wouldn't let me do much canter. I did good at drinking, but did get a bit hot on the way back to the pony trailer. I was fine after doing some resting. My pulse had come down, but I was a bit pant-y. So was Cyd. We like the fog. 

I'm staying here until after the big pony ride called Tevis, where Cyd is doing volunteering. She'll be back for visiting me soon though. It was already an idea for me to stay at Aunt-E's house, but her truck wasn't do stopping OR steering just right, so for extra safeties they didn't want to put me in the pony trailer. I like playing with my friends anyway. Plus then I can't do silly things like escaping from my house and running down the street without my halter on. It took Cyd ages to catch me, and she only had a sleeveless vest to wrap around my neck to walk me home. That was a bit tricky and so I did prancing. You know, that Totally Helped! I was sad when Cyd drove away though, and smooshed my nose on the window to see if that would make her stay. Thanks for taking care of me Aunt-E, I'll try to do good behavings!

1 comment: