Thursday 9 October 2014

Say "Aaahh"

Hey everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous, but still a little bit sleepy. My vet came to see me and my friend Boscoe today to check on our teethies. Cyd came and got me and put me outside Rioja's house cos for wanting us to be buddies. We kissed a bit, which made her happy.
Pretending like we love each other so Cyd doesn't tell us off for squealing
Just right before the vet arrived, something (who knows what!) happened to make me lose my cookies and jump and dance and be super excited. 
WHOAH What's Happening?
My friend went first cos Aunty C had to take a guided pony ride. I was mostly patient while I waited for my turn, even though it means I was stood there for nearly two whole hours. Then it was my turn. I was a bit of a brat for my regular check up cos for just wanting kisses and was not grown up. We need to practice having more people poke and prod me and take my pulse and stuff so I get used to it, cos I guess that's something enduring ponies need to do to make sure they are staying safe. Then it was time for some sleepy medicines so I didn't have problems with the thing called power-float.
Getting sleeeepeee, see my droopy lip?
Once I was napping they wedged my mouth open and rinsed it out, and put my face on a giant stand.
First I get rinsed
The vet had a good look around in my mouth to see what we needed to do, then let Cyd poke around in there too so she could see. I had some pointys that needed to be smoothed that made some ulcers starting on my cheeks. 
Then my toothies get filed
Another rinse afterwards, and the vet said I had a good mouth and a good bite.  She and Cyd talked about my fly bites cos for me having some reactions, and whether or not I was at risk for pigeon fever  cos Cyd knows some various ponies who've got sick (vet thinks no cos it's damp where I live). She did recommend I maybe get a sheet to cover me to keep the flies off though so I don't get owies like when the bites weep and I get scabby :( 
How my world looked for a while
Just..so..sleepy...
The vet lady also looked at my feeties and said they looked good and liked my trim. They also talked about me needing a new saddle, she felt the same soreness on my back that Cyd did. But other than that she says I'm great, and cute, and silly. 
K, I'm awake LET'S GO!

2 comments:

  1. What is your boy's pedigree? He's very nice looking and saddle fit issues suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/agenda36

      Delete