Sunday 5 October 2014

More Saddle Trying

Hi everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous (again and always)! Today I did saddle trying, another kind of treeless like what I want. We tried it out a little while ago, but it has things called dressage billets and Cyd didn't have a short girth to match. So she picked out a soft fuzzy comfty girth for me to borrow to try the saddle. After just two miles, she gave up and got off and walked me home on foot. I HATED the fuzzy girth, it made my belly itch and I kept trying to chew it off me. Cyd got off and walked me back home, and considered our test a failure since we didn't really ride, just discussed whether I should go forward, and do so normally, or chew at my belly straps and bend in circles and stomp my feeties. Today, we borrowed the short kind of the girth I already use, and tried it out again. With a girth I like, we had a great test ride. Today we did eleven miles with my bestie and Aunt-T, and did quite a lot of trotting, and some canter practice, with me being both the leader pony and the follower pony. Aunt-T also practiced riding past me cos for me making stroppy faces when people overtake me. One time I tried to nip at her but got promptly bopped on the nose and told I was a Bad Bad Bugsy. But mostly I did really good, and I wanted to do trotting everywhere. My top speed today was 17.9 miles per hour - wheeeeee! And my ditch of doom? I have to think a bit before jumping over it, and Cyd always gets off. There's a steep steep little trail down to the ditch, which she has ridden me up one time before, but every other time up or down has been leading me. Today she rode me down the steep hill, and I was super careful to not fall down with us. At the bottom, my bestie was looking at the ditch and with a boomp boomp from Aunt-T he flew across the ditch. Cyd still didn't get off me. She gave me a boomp boomp too, and Aunt-T cheered for me from the other side, and I looked and phroomphed a bit and wibbled and with another boomp and some cheering from Cyd and Aunt-T I made a giant leap, and we were on the other side too. I got big pets and scratches from both of them, and me and my bestie both felt pretty proud of ourselves (he never jumped it with his person either). We had to take the short trail home cos for it getting dark soon, and Cyd not bringing a jacket and summeryness turned into foggyness. I got ridden all the way down the road (though I got a bit stuck at one bit) and even practiced doing stuff leg yielding when we could see no traffic coming. I'm really doing good at my pony riding these last few rides. Now we just need the fancy saddle to get sold so we can buy a kind I like for me. It won't fix all my troubles, but it certainly seems to be helping me. Anyways, here's our pictures from today:
Going up
Aunt-T hides so you can't see her
Need some shade?
Can't see the ocean through the lurking fog
Had to do some wiggling through here
Quick, we've stopped. Power-Naps Are Go!
I can't possibly pose now, I'm wasting away
Look at my shine!
Politely sharing the trail
Dork
Cold and foggy riding the last bit home

No comments:

Post a Comment