Thursday 24 July 2014

Totally an Accident!

Hey everybodies! How are you? I am fabulous, but I did something bad to Cyd. I totally didn't mean to. We'll get to that in a bit.

I went on a ten mile pony ride all by myself. I had a bit of a silly moment walking up the road, and Cyd had to make me do my things for unsticking. I got going again, and was doing really good at pony riding. I had a couple of baby moments but didn't do anything bad and only needed boomping with her feet sometimes, not any tap tapping. You know what I did? I did canter, all by myself. I don't usually like to do canter, cos for still getting strong. But we were trotting right along, and I decided to go faster. It's fun to go fast! I started doing canter, and Cyd told me how good I was doing. We were zipping along. I got a bit full of myself, so Cyd said it was time to slow down and take a breather. But the next time we did trotting, she said "K, off you go, time to do canter" and Wheeeee! Off we went again. I was doing so good, that Cyd tried to do a video for number three, but I decided I was done doing canter. They're not very exciting videos, but you get to see some of where I do my pony riding when I don't go with my friends. 
We stopped for snacks for a while cos we were two thirds done and we had made it to my snacking field. After I filled my belly a little bit, it was time to go jump my ditch. Cyd always always gets off to do this. She went across before me, but I didn't want to go today. She kept asking, and telling, but I kept looking at my old crossing spot. Once I got braver at jumping over, we stopped using that crossing cos for there not being much spaces and stuffs in the way. But since I didn't want to go across where we were, Cyd said ok we'll go to that spot. I totally followed, she hopped across, and then turned around to watch and see if I was going to jump on the left side or the right side, so she would be out of my way. Troubles is, I was already jumping!!! Oh no, we both realised too late and I landed and momentum kept me going forward and Cyd was right there totally in my way and I crashed into her and knocked her down and trompled right over the top of her and she went "Yeeeooowwwwwww!" She let go of my rope so as to not pull me back over her again. I stopped really fast and came straight back to her and put my face down to see what damages I did. She was laying in the dirt going "Ow ow ow". She did wiggling of toes and fingers, and careful touching of face to check for bloods. Luckily there was none! She got up and I totally let her lean on me to get back to the trail and we hung out for a minute to make sure she was ok. No double visions or blurry eyes, can stand and can use both arms, just owie. We walked a minute up the trail where a convenient fallen tree makes for a good mounting block for ouchy pony riders. I was so so careful going home, didn't put a hoof wrong! Anybody who heard Cyd would have laughed at her, she was riding along talking out loud to me saying "Hey Bugsy, I need to talk to you cos for needing to hear if I'm doing slurring, cos if my words are all messed up we need to call for help cos for you bumping my head with your feet." She sounded okay, so off we rode, but called Uncle J just in case so he knew where we were and when to expect a 'home safe' message. We were going to just do walking, but it was ouchy and trotting wasn't actually any extra ouchy we did some trotting to get home sooner. I was awesome all the way. I managed to bump one of Cyd's legs with a hoofie, and the other one with two hoofies, and hit her face with a hoofie, but didn't actually step on her face so she doesn't look too gross. There's a scuff mark on her helmet but no real damage, which is lucky. Also lucky she was wearing it cos a scuff mark on her skull would have been troubles! Wear your helmets!! Now Cyd's legs are all pretty colours, and she has some marks around her eye and some swelled face but it's not too bad. 
It was really an accident, and not my fault (listening Uncle J?) Usually I pause, especially when I don't want to jump today, so Cyd thought she had time and was in my way, I had nowhere to go. Now we have learned our lesson, and won't cross there again even if I don't want to go at the safer spot. Also, Cyd can't scratch her nose cos it is too ouchy, and now it's decided to be the itchyest nose in the world. Uncle J gave her a magic little brush that is soft enough to not hurt but really good at getting itchies! Good job Uncle J!



3 comments:

  1. Whew! Glad you came out only bruised--not broken. The cantering sounded like great fun for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made that mistake years ago - the mare jumped, landed on my right foot, then went over the top of me. I went backwards onto paving - broke the helmet. Felt the helmet hit - then my head inside the helmet... What's called "second impact". Yes - helmets save lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ick, I've felt that second impact in a nasty fall, and I find it crazy that people are so nonchalant about wearing them.

    ReplyDelete