Saturday 19 July 2014

Not A Good Runner

Being a good pony
Hey everybodies! How are you? I am fabulous. Today I did awful then fabulous then awful then fabulous then awful then fabulous then awful at pony riding. It wasn't even a super long ride, just my normal loop that is a bit more than two hours depending on snacking time and my behaviors. Remember how last time, I did balancing on my back legs, then running backwards? I got made to do some round penning after that, and practice my walking on my rope like I was a baby again. Today Cyd decided to walk me up the road and on the squirrelly trail to my baby-riding mounting spot. I did a few bad things on the way up, like my dragon impression, and my stopping, and my bouncing, and my trying to chew on Cyd's hair when I think she's not paying attentions enough to me. She got on finally, and we did great for like five minutes, with some really good trottings practice. Then I did stopping. Cyd did boomp boomp and I said no. From here on Cyd had to take lots of deep breaths ready to do persevering and not do getting sad. So she did tap tap and I did something called 'popping a wheelie' cos for thinking I'm cool and in charge of this pony riding malarkey. We set off again and I lasted like two minutes and did stopping and some more wheelies. This got me in Troubles, which I hate, so I did balancing on my back legs again. Cyd hopped off and made a really big Grr noise at me in her angry voice and I was in Big Troubles! She stayed on the ground and did practicing stuff with me, like march forwards and backwards and sidewards and I had to walk perfectly. She even said if I was scared of something it wouldn't be so bad but I was just being something called 'brat'. When I started doing good she got back on, and I was good for two more minutes then tried to do more wheelies cos they're like super fun, but I got Grr'd at and a big boomp so off I trotted. Then we started having a super fun ride. I didn't do anything really bad (just usual baby pony stuff like a bit of mini bouncing when I thought it was snack time when it wasn't). Cyd got off at the top of the rocky road to walk me down, and let me have snacks while we were there.
Choosing my flower snacks, daisies are best kind!
Napping while snacking
When we were on the flat bit that's not too rocky, Cyd decided to try a new skill with me. She does running, which means I have to do trottings to keep up. Troubles is, I'm not very good at it. We demonstrated attempt two on video for you:

Cyd says we need to do better at this, especially if we decide I should do the LD laters this year. She says if I can't do politely trotting next to her in my box then I can't go, cos I don't want to carry her the whole ways. Apparently she used to let my friend Fuega just stay next to her and not hold her rope (when other ponies weren't around), but that took a lot of practice, and she says I am clearly not to be trusted. So now we need to do practicing of trotting in my box. She got on at the convenient mounting block tree stump to ride the next bit and I was a bit fired up from my running/trotting escapades. I wanted to trot everywhere! I didn't even argue about only snacking for a minute in my break-time-field, look how happy I am:
I jumped over my ditch really good, but Cyd says she needs to teach me some proper technique cos I kinda leap like a deer still. Silly me! We had fun going back up the bumpy trail, even though I did slamming on the brakes skidding stop cos I heard creatures that Cyd didn't. We knew they were deer even though we couldn't see them cos we could hear them sproinging away. I also didn't get scared when Cyd's phone rang from Aunty B to find out where I was. And I don't know about falling trees making noise when nobody's there to hear it, but it definitely does when baby Arabs are around, but I didn't freak out cos I'm awesome (it was not really close to us luckily). I was a bit excited going home today, and tried to do trottings, especially when Cyd had to do ducking under low branches. She rode me back down the road, and when we got to nearly home, there were some small people having a party and they wanted to talk to me cos I'm famous in my neighbourhood. One of them is going to have her big people call Cyd to maybe teach her pony riding. Not on me though, obviously. As we were leaving, they started running around and I got a bit scared. Since we were on the road Cyd decided to get off and walk me home. Lucky she did, cos they started throwing a giant ball around and I lost my pony brain. I did really bad dragon impressions all the way home, even jumping into the sky like Cyd was flying a kite. She had to make the car that was coming stop still cos I couldn't be trusted (and had to point out to the people walking behind me that they should either come past or move back cos they were not being spacially smart). We got home without incident and I got a nice sponge bath cos for making myself sweaty with last minute antics. I'm so silly sometimes, but Cyd says our ride today counts as a good one, since she won my balking battle and we had a fun ride mostly.



No comments:

Post a Comment