Saturday 7 September 2013

A What Now?

That was all I had to say when Cyd was describing this to me. Apparently it's a very common thing among trail ponies and something I should learn to use in case I might need it. Know what it is? A crupper! I'm not sure I like it, but it is cute and yellow! We started my day with a good brushing, and because it might be an interesting lesson, *J came to visit too. He took my picture a lot, including my happy grooming face:




I stretch my lip out and wiggle it, and blink a lot, and my ears go all floppity.


Once I was appropriately cleaned, I got my saddle, and my bridle, and my circle rope, and we went to learn. I started my normal warm up, and had no idea that today would be so different. Maybe I should have guessed from having an audience today, but I thought they just liked looking at my cuteness....

Ready for working
When I went round in circles good, Cyd made me stop and went to get my shiny yellow crupper. First she just clipped it on my saddle. That was a bit funny, but no big deal, just boomped me a little when I went round. But then.... I learned where a crupper really goes! I stood really good to have it put on, cos I know that tack adjustments mean feet stay still. Little did I know I should have been wriggling my butt like crazy. Once I was ready and going back to practicing my circles, I showed Cyd exactly what I thought of this butt-strap! I haven't bucked like this since Cyd first came and met me (and somehow still wanted to take me home). Even though the bucks were reasonable, I was quite half-hearted about it really:

It didn't take me too long to figure it out and calm my giant brain though. I'm really quite smart like that. And I got really good tail rubs when it got taken off. I don't really like having my tail messed with anyway, though I'm getting much better. I do like to have my dock scratched, and Cyd puts funny smelling stuff on it to make my tail grow thick and strong and shiny. At least I stand for it to be brushed now, I never used to. Look at me being a quieter grown up pony before I was finished with my lesson:

I kept clamping my tail on it which made me trot funny, but I did really good not on camera. We don't know why *J turned the camera part way through, but Cyd isn't smart enough to fix it. I bet I could if I had thumbs!
Hooves polished, mane combed, socks shiny!

Cuddles!
Both of us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment