Thursday 24 November 2016

Happy Thanks Day Catch Up

Hello everybodies! How are you? I am fabulous, finally after all this time! Last I did blogging, we had just learned that I had broken my bone in my fat leg, even though I never did any limping. My pony doctor called another pony doctor who works at the big pony hospital, and we scheduled a surgery for me to have the broken bit taken out so it doesn't float around and hurt my soft tissues. I had to stay at the pony hospital for two nights, and when I woke up from my surgery my leg was super bandaged up!
Broken ponies get big bandages
I had to go back into pony prison for two weeks, then my probation paddock for four weeks. I had some kind of bandage on this whole time! The pony doctor at the hospital had heard about all my antics this year, and sent me home with some special medicine to help keep me a bit calmer so I maybe had a chance to heal. It worked, I didn't hurt myself any more, and now all my owies are all better! You know what, though? I'm pretty flabby from all my time off. I got hurt in the middle of July, so all my muscles have got floppy, and I got a bit tubby, and now I jiggle if you poke me.
My weight is pretty good, but I need my muscles back!
Last week, Cyd did something totally strange. She brushed me, that's normal. But then... she put my saddle on me and got her helmet! Um, did she forget I'm retired now? Worked hard for a couple of years, I'm done, obviously. I was so bad that we didn't even go out the field to start with, she even got off me and closed the gate in case she fell out of my saddle! She told me things like 'turn left' and I said "What?! What is this 'turn left' malarkies you speak of? I do not know of 'turn left' I must panic instead". Once I was able to carry her in both directions of circles, I was allowed to walk a tiny bit up the road and back. Once we were done, we both did big deep breaths. The next ride I did better, Cyd says I felt like an unexploded bomb, but I made it all the way around the block, a whole 1.1 mile. Whoop, go me! Then yesterday's ride... Maybe we shouldn't talk about yesterday's ride. I did the exploding. Cyd didn't fall down, but she was so mad at me. It was awful, and she nearly leaked from her eyes. So what do you do when your pony (me!) is super bad? Keep trying! She came up early today, put my saddle on, and tried again. Today, I was Excellent! I did a ton of snorting, and had a lot of suspension in my stride, but I kept my four hoovies out of the sky, and did not go sideways, or spinning in circles. Cyd's no fool, I might be awful again next ride, but as long as I cut her a break every now and again we'll get there! We're going to start gradually increasing my distance, and eventually I'll start doing some trottings practice, and eventually eventually I'll do enduring again. Skills practice in the meantime.
Cyd missed this view!!
I have other news, I am no longer an only pet. I was for a little while. On the same day I got my tooths checked, and learned about my bone, Rocko T Dog passed away. He was an awesome friend, and Uncle J and Cyd were so very upset, and they miss him very very much. 
Me and Cyd and RtD a few years ago
He can never be replaced, but a little face showed up on the internets. Cyd persuaded Uncle J to go meet him, and soon he came home to stay. Meet Oscar. He will be going pony riding and running when he's big enough, but he has some growings to do first.
Me meeting Oscar
Then two days ago, I became not-an-only-pony! There were some ponies a while back that needed homes cos for their person not feeding them good snacks, but Cyd couldn't help cos for me getting hurt all the time. Recently it popped up again, the ponies didn't get homes, and they were looking for new people again. This time the animal police were involved. So this skinny-minny is now part of the family. His name is Hazz, which means luck in Arabic.
I haven't met him yet, but Cyd says we'll be great friends and maybe he'll be a good influence on me and help me chill out some. I don't think I need to chill out, I just want to play play play!

1 comment:

  1. Belated but I hope you had a happy thanksgiving and I hope Bugsy heals quickly and completely!

    ReplyDelete