Wednesday 22 April 2015

So Much Pony Riding

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous, and getting really fit and strong. Cyd has been home from her trip for eight days, and we've done pony riding on five of those days! Mostly just short rides, not even five miles, sometimes just walking, sometimes with trotting practice and sometimes some canter practice. I was being so good the other day that I got to do trotting practice with one handed rein holding while Cyd's other hand did videoing. I had some sorta silly moments, but look how good I did:
Today, I got to have some company on my pony ride. Aunt-T and her favouritist pony who is also my bestie came to play. I was a bit rude going up the road, so Cyd ended up getting off and leading me cos I got a bit stuck. She got back on at our usual spot, and I was mostly good through the squirrelly trail. I was feeling quite full of myself, and the first half of our pony ride I did bad things, like bouncing and mini rears if my bestie got in front, or just cos I felt like it. Eventually I settled down, and even got good enough that my bestie crashed into my butt and I made faces but didn't get mad, and one time he even did trotting to catch up to me and I didn't care and get excited. When I was a baby pony he was super helpful in teaching me to be a good trail pony, and was very patient at waiting for me when I got tired on the hills, or not knowing how to do trottings. Today, I had to do patiently waiting for him. He's had some time off you see, and got a bit squidgy in the middle and not super fit anymore, and also needed some tack adjusting that we didn't know about until we got home. He's coming to play with me again tomorrow, cos apparently I need to practice not showing off to my friends, especially if I go to an endurance pony ride, I will have to do my best behavings. I might maybe go to one soon just to see what everything's all about, and do something called ribbon pulling, but we're still figuring out how to make that happen. I need to get a pony trailer to easier facilitate my travelings for adventures! 
Butter wouldn't melt

No comments:

Post a Comment