Saturday 18 April 2015

Must. Run. Everywhere.

Hello everybodies! How are you? I am fabulous, and also really fast now (Cyd says I'm not actually that fast, but much faster than I was at least). It's been pretty quiet in my world lately. I had to take some time off cos for me getting hurted, then some time off cos Cyd was about to go away and we wouldn't be able to monitor if I was re-hurted, then some time off cos Cyd went away. That made for three whole weeks of no pony riding for me. Don't worry about my owie, we think it was just a sore bruise, cos for it being swelled, but not hot, and I didn't like it being poked at, but it didn't make me lame. I had to wear something called ice boot, which is really boring. The boot goes on your leg, then you just stand there and don't do stuff. I tried taking off my boot, but that got me in troubles. So then I figured out how to take the icicles out of the boot without taking it off, but that got me in troubles too. So boring.

I got my owie by crashing into a tree. Cyd says I'm not always so smart, since there was a perfectly appropriate tree free area but I didn't want to listen to her. Then when she was parking me next to a fallen down tree to get back on (I'm getting pretty big and it's better for my back), I waited until she was safely in my saddle, turned to face the tree, and put my front feet up on it like I was doing tricks. Cyd laughed and said she needs to pay better attentions to me. I hopped my front legs down on the other side, then hopped my back legs up on the tree. D'oh! Of course I do these silly things when nobody is there to see me and take my picture. We're lucky it was a sturdy tree so I didn't fall in! Even though my owie got better before Cyd went on her trip, I didn't get to do pony riding just in case something happened to make my owie worse. I got my pictures taken and sent to Cyd regularly to prove I was okay, and I was even grown up enough to get my hoovies trimmed without anybody being there!
Cyd got back on Tuesday night and came to see me Wednesday. I was so excited to see her I ran all over my field. We brushed me up all good, and put my things on to go pony riding. I had some few difficulties in my usual spots, but we got me through it super fast. Then it was time to GO! So you know what? Cyd let me. We went so fast (except not really). I'm getting good at my canter, and I love doing trottings everywhere. I was super bouncy, and we didn't get any pictures of me cos for Cyd needing to hang onto my reins to steer and stop me. Not really appropriate behaving, but we had fun, and since it was a short ride, I didn't get annoying. Zooooooom!
My "knock it off"d face
Yesterday, it was sunny when Cyd got all done with her people job, so we went for another quick pony ride. And you know what? I had to walk the WHOLE way. Sometimes I did bouncing, and we had to stop and be good again. Apparently while we sometimes have speedy fun rides, we have to remind me to be something called responsible citizen. It's not as much fun, but very entertaining for Cyd dealing with all my shenanigans. I do bouncing, and sproinging, and spooking at nothing at all, and I don't do any of it very convincingly, and to make me stop she just goes "Hmph, knock it off pony", and I put my sad face on and walk for a bit. I was able to have pictures taken at least. We have lots of pony riding planned this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment