Friday 13 June 2014

New Shoes For Me!

Hello everybodies, how are you? I am fabulous. I went pony riding today to test out my new sneakers. They are very bright orange (they don't do yellow kind for me yet) and are called Vipers. They are so cool. See:
My sneakers
They are super easy to put on, and comfy on my toes. I've actually had them a little while, but not been able to test them except for one time when I was a bad baby pony so we didn't really test them cos I got stuck. Today I got ready for pony riding, and Cyd said it would be a good testing day.
Ready to pony ride
Cyd thought about getting on me right away and riding up the road to see how grown up I might be, but decided not to so I could get used to how my booties feel and sound, and cos for her needing to stretch her tired legs cos for running a people race called marathon last week. Lucky she chose to do walking. We got up my street  halfway to my trails, and then I heard it.
          VrinnnVrinnVrinnnnnn
I stopped and did staring, and Cyd told me it was okay so I started walking again but vrinnvrinnvrinnn. Ears up, high alert, STOP! In the field where my girlfriend lives, there were people with vests that match my booties and helmets on. Three of them had big machines called chainsaws in their hands, one was up a tree, and the branches were falling and there was two trucks and a big machine on the ground eating the trees! It. Was. Terrifying. But I did awesome at not being scared. At least not until then a big giant truck that had a giant tube on it with gases in came up behind me. Lucky the driver saw that I was nervous, so he didn't come too super close to make me more scared. Cyd managed to make me move to at least a big space where the big truck could come past, and I had some dancing room. Then luckily one of the chainsaw people saw that I was scared too, and gave Cyd thumbs-up sign, and she gave thumbs-down sign, and he made all the people stop their work and make the machines quiet. I took a second to breathe, then marched right on by, and we said big thanks to the nice people for stopping for me. I stayed on high alert for a while though. I spooked at some deers in the field. Cyd waited to get on at our usual mounting spot after the squirrelly trail. Then it was time to GO! I wanted to go so fast today. We had to start practicing something called half halt to slow me down, and practice something called leg yield to make me do some thinking. I just wanted to practice trotting. It made my pictures blurry:
Zooooom
There were lots of pretty daisies; I like to snack on them, and Cyd likes to decorate me. She was going to put more in my hair but I ate the only other ones she could reach from my back cos I'm sneaky like that.
I walked much better going down the rocky road in my sneakers. Cyd kept leaning over to check they were still there, and not getting twisty on my toes. We stopped for our usual field snacks and pee break before going to jump my ditch.
I did so awesome at ditch jumping today, Cyd did slow-motion video of me:
Still no issues with my booties. While she was checking they weren't rubbing my skin and giving me an owie, I managed to find snacks. Cyd says I'd be a good survival pony, cos for always being able to find some kind of snack.
There are snacks Everywhere!
Are we going that way today?
Once she got back on and we were out of the woodsy bit, I decided I wanted to practice canter. Cyd said we had to wait until she said to do canter, she's so bossy to me. But we eventually did canter, and still no problems with the sneakers. We did some trotting and cantering up the last big hill, and a little jump, and maybe a baby pony bounce or two cos for being all excited today.
Then suddenly I put up my head and did skidding stop, then immediately into dragon pose. We couldn't find anything, but there was lots of deer around today so probably they jumped in the bushes and Cyd couldn't tell. We walked past just in case it wasn't deer, and off we went again. No more adventures until we were nearly home. Cyd was riding me down the road cos for me being grown up, then we heard the vrinnvrinnn again. They weren't done even though we were gone nearly two hours! Cyd was busy contemplating options. She decided to see how I would do if she didn't get off me. I was nervous, but listened good to the boomp boomp from her feet and talking nicely to me. I was getting quite nervous, even a bit shaky, but I was doing okay. The people saw us and gave us thumbs-up-thumbs-down to see how I was. Cyd gave thumbs up and told me to keep going and be brave. I was super nervous but I had to be grown up cos Cyd was still on my back and I had to take care of us. And I did it! I was super good and got lots of pats for being grown up and the people gave me thumbs-up for not making them stop their work again. We kept going all the way to my house, and I jumped at some noisy leaves. I must have used up all my grown-up-ness already. Oops. But the wind did turn my hair into a mohawk though it stopped for my picture of course:
This is the back of my house, my gate is right past the fence
Before I got my saddle off, Cyd took pictures of my booties again:
They didn't budge except for the rubber rings not on the strap anymore
Snug happy toes
I got my saddle off, and Cyd checked my back cos for it being sore last time. I got a mash and a shower, then we checked my back again. All good there. She checked again again at my dinner time after going to her people job and I was still okay. Phew!
Showered and snacking
Cyd hung out with me some more, and cleaned out my field, then had to go and have snacks before her people job. I was sad to see her go.
Leaving so soon?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Bugsy, you were so brave! Those vrinnvrinnn contraptions can be very scary! I loved your slo-mo jump too! You are very handsome and your grown-up-ness gets better all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying such nice things about me (and complimenting my new sneakers) :)

      Delete
  2. ACK! How could I forget to mention your new sneakers? They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete